New YouTube Channel for Singers!!! (Acoustic Instrumentals of Popular Songs)

acousticbits

Hi everyone!

My name is Ricky and love to play acoustic guitar so I'm starting a youtube channel with acoustic instrumentals (mainly in the singer/songwriters and pop genre.) I'm just testing the waters, I only got 1 video up. If my subscription base grows I will probably be taking requests and doing full songs.

The channel is aimed at musicians & singers looking for instrumental/backing tracks but do not want to deal with cheesy karaoke tracks. Anyway, I just thought I would share this to see what kind of feedback I get.

The first and only video I got so far is an acoustic guitar instrumental for "Love Someone" by Jason Mraz (with lyrics on screen)

Hope you visit, enjoy and subscribe! (I can't post links)

YouTube Channel: Search for "acoustic bits channel"
Twitter: acousticbits

PS: If you do use my video/audio to record a video or song, please don't forget to give me credit for it! and if you do record a video, please post it as a video response to my original vid

Thanks!!!

​- acoustic bits - :guitar::guitar::guitar:

It seems that whenever I put up a cover on YouTube it gets tagged, sound muted, or banned for copyright reasons.

Good idea; this would be a good resource especially for lesser known songs with no instrumental/karaoke version already up on youtube.

Pretty sure the owner has the right to have them taken down, or to take the proceeds from any adsense profits. To get around this you need to license the song if you're just doing audio. If you are doing video you need the audio license and the sync license. Can't remember if that is exactly what they are called. Pricing varies depending on what you are doing. If you plan on selling it on itunes it's something like $0.09 per copy sold, I think the audio license is a few dollars (not for selling just for youtube).

If you do it right and license everything you can setup an adsense account with google and get money for views. The more popular your channel gets, the more money you make per view. But the key is to license, and keep licensing. If you do everything right for a year.. get a million followers... then post one improperly adsense can shut down your account and basically you would have to start a new channel to get a new one and end up starting with 0 subscribers again, etc...

It seems that whenever I put up a cover on YouTube it gets tagged, sound muted, or banned for copyright reasons.

Back