In need of a name...

Qasper

Now I know this is an invitation to alllll kinds of banter, but I've been racking my brain for over two years (no joke) trying to find myself a nom-de-guerre (alias). Reasons abound.

For starters, my family situation is worthy of therapy, so I'd gladly ditch my last name (asap). Also, my first name is god-awful in English. Actually, it changes sexes in the translation, and that just won't do.

Add to that the traditional reasons: hoping for a private life should I ever (here it comes) make it big (yeah, yeah, keep it to yourself) and sheer "how cool is that" value (vain, but real nonetheless).

Any leads for me? I don't expect y'all to baptize me, but should anyone have a direction to point me in - i.e. resources I might not have thought of - do let me know...

Thanks. Let the taunting begin.

maybe you can use my method of naming
myself
i mimic those great people's name in a respectful way!
so i'm iStyle
and you can be napalm leo
if you like napoleon that much

quantum....q.....ghost (as in caspar).....prince (just kidding)....actually you already have a cool name, Qasper....gibs

Thx Gibs. I was contemplating Qasper, as I did the 46,932 other names I'd given myself in the past year, but when it comes down to telling people face-to-face "hey there, I'm Casper, only with a Q!", it just... doesn't seem to fly... Don't ask me why.

Still, I might just do that. Any word on how I should attempt to protect my handle (i.e. copyright)?

im a big fan of the whole double-meaning-play-on-words-pun game.

and the more sublte the better.
Perry Farrel from janes addiction, poro for pyros, was a self given name.
for reasons: Perry Farrel=peripheral

my first name is Dave, middle name Niles
DNiles, denials

Cool name, DNiles.
Thanks for your suggestions, people. I'm still drilling. In time, I guess, something will just stick itself to my skin...

And what's the deal with Bono? Is it his real name? And what inspired Sting? Anyone know? My personal favorite is still Seal. Him and that Britney Spears chick. Her name kicks ass! ;)

You could change your name to Jimmy Frogurt,
And then your band could be
Jimmy Frogurt and the N-Zymes

I can see it on the marquee already.

Don't know about Boneo, but Sting (aka Gordon Sumner) used to wear a black and yellow hooped jersey for early gigs. And the rest, as they say, is history!

What's so great about 'Britney Spears'? I don't geddit?

matt

I've been saving this as a title for a song. But since I haven't written it yet, I'm donating it to you. I think it will put you over the top my son. DIGITAL JESUS. Now go and be fruitful.

Would "Skinny Fingers" be something for you?
I'm just reading the words you preferred using in your text...

I don't want to sound silly here but maybe you should buy a name book, like the ones some people buy who are expecting a kid. There are usually quite cool names in there and maybe even a meaning of the name. Or pick up translative dictionaries and look for cool sounding words in the language you do not understand, reference what it means and if it falls into your style...BINGO! Latin etc. dictionaries.

If your name changes sexes why no go with it:
Hey sexis, how you doi'n, or, Hey trans (as in transvestite or maybe Travistite or god knows where these things end)

Good luck, we got our band name "aikon" literally out of the blue, it will come to you.

I always wanted to change my name to Chuck - Chuck Roast. Then your band could be
"Chuck Roast & the Potatoes"

mutt

Back