Name the group...

kmar

This is for Dragon, and possibly Gibs, if he's old enough. In the early 70's there was a song called SUFFICIENTLY BREATHLESS. I'm thinking one or both of you might no who did the thing. I'd love to hear it again... PEACE kmar

Gibs, you are the man. Wow. That's all I remember about the record. Is the rest of it any good?? I've lost a considerable amount of "grey matter" since then. Do you know if it's available on cd or anything? Thanks. kmar

kmar, you got me jazzed to hear it again, so I went to www.cdnow.com and put Captain Beyond in the search thingy under artist and they have ALL their records.....and "Sufficiently Breathless" is also an album, and they have a sample to listen to....the mix sounds kinda cheesy , though now, to my ears...but it sounded great in the '70's......I dunno, maybe I'll buy it anyway...gibs

Man that album cost me big bucks. Bought it about 8 years ago. Was a japanese import. I still have the jewel case... but the cd......... gone. Damnit. They are bunch of talented players though.

Here's another band. Gibs have you ever heard of Armageddon?? Probably around the same vintage and musicially similiar.

Gibs...maybe you can help me since you're so fucking old. I heard a song called 'The Snow Queen' on San Francisco radio around 1968? I also thought I heard Chicago do a version, but I don't see it on any of their albums, unless it's under a different name. Any thoughts on this, granpa.

I looked at CDnow and came up with Blood Sweat and Tears. Maybe I've mistaken them for Chicago. If I could just hear their version. I'll see if I can find a site where I can hear it.

[This message has been edited by monty (edited 07-31-2000).]

You're just too old and slow Gibs. I found the song. It was Blood Sweat and Tears who did a version. Now if I could just find 'the' version I used to hear in San Fran, which as far as I know is the original. Had to down load Realplayer and Liquid Audio to hear a couple seconds. What a dog ass program.

Maybe I'll check out Napster now. Hope I don't get busted. If you don't hear from me for a while, the RIAA mind police will probably have me in their virtual jail.

[This message has been edited by monty (edited 07-31-2000).]

Checked it out. Downloaded a song. Didn't find anything I wanted, so I guess the RIAA will survive another day.

Yea Gibs, I know what you mean. Sometimes I'll buy a record just to hear an old "classic", and it just doesn't seem to have the same punch that it used to. Glad you found it- I'll give it a listen next chance. PEACE kmar

test...my edited post didn't show up in the 'for sale' section so I'm posting here to see if they show up.

This post shows.

[This message has been edited by monty (edited 08-01-2000).]

Back