Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: most hated song

Thanks

Question

Sign in to disable this ad
    The song Horse With No Name came up here in
    another thread and I must say I hate that song almost as much as I hate musicians spouses who make them quit playing. The heat
    was hot, come on, that took alot of talent didnt it? What is your most hated song?

Thanks

Wink

Man it's hard to pick just one -- how about I put a blanket clause on this one and say -- todays pop scene -- The Britney Spears thing and all.......

Thanks

Wink

I havent listend to much radio for years and
    my daughter was listening the other day and
    a female singer came on. Her voice was very
    good, I wasnt really listening to the song, just the voice. I asked my daughter who was
    singing because it had caught my attention and it turned out to be Brittany Spiers(spelling?). Now, please stone me and put me
    out of my misery, or as hendrix would say, wont you hurry up and execute me.

Thanks

Wink

Same thing our parents said to us -- and there parents said to them -- It's a vicious circle......

Thanks

Wink

Based on what dragonworks wrote on this thread: Of course Britney Spears' voice is very good...when recording in the most advanced studios in the world, most voices will sound very good. A little (or alot) of pitch shift here , oops...over there too, oh! How 'bout back here.

In live performances though, it seems like she lip sychs the songs she sings 'cause, when she sings/dance, she never looses her breath & is always in tune.

I read some portions of her bio from several websites. It appears that she didn't write any of the first album songs. A guy by the name of Max Martin (or someone from Ace of Bass fame) had much to do with getting her singing career going. I believe that she wrote a couple of songs for the current album release.

So don't blame her for writing lousy lines to the songs that she sings. She's just a "circus act"...part of the pop machine team. The people behind her scene are running the show and to the bank while they maintain their own privacy. Spears has lost her privacy while all she has to do is sing in the studio and, correct me if I'm wrong, lip sych and exercise on stage. I'd hate to be in her shoes and lose my privacy.

Thanks

Wink

Oops! I cut one again! (I Played With Your Nose)

I can't say I hate A HORSE WITH NO NAME, or THE TIN MAN for that matter. While the tunes and arrangements are pleasantly mediocre (kind of like an ersatz Neil Young meets The Eagles), the plain dumbness of the lyrics is just baffling.

[This message has been edited by hixmix (edited 07-07-2000).]

Thanks

Cool

Richard Harris' MacArthur Park.

Thanks

Thumbs up

Horse With No Name would have been a good tune except the lyrics blew..."for there ain't no one for to give you no pain"??????...jeeze they were real wordsmiths, weren't they.....MacArthur Park is for sure the worst song ever written period in the whole span of time ever completely no doubt.....remind me to never leave my cake out in the rain....gibs

Thanks

Wink

"I's never did give nothin' to the tin man,
    Nothin' that he already had
    Cause never was the reason for the evening
    Or the tropic of sir galahad"

?????????????????????????????????????????

Thanks

Cool

hixmix,
    just for a little clarification, not that it makes the song any better (even though I like that one!) it's "Oz never gave nothin' to the Tin Man..." you know, the Wizard of Oz gave him a heart, but I guess the point is is that he already had one. Whatever. I think this is an example of songwriting under the influence of chemicals. Same with "Horse With No Name" and "MacArthur Park."

I shouldn't have listed Richard Harris when I threw out MacArthur Park. He was the artist that had a hit with it (So did Donna Sommer with a disco version) but the real guy to blame for that song is writer Jimmy Webb.

Thread Information