Midi influence on mic audi signal

ref99

Hello. First, I'm sorry if this is a naive question.

…but does anyone know of a way I can use a midi signal (just pitch information, coming in fact from a living plant via an interface giving midi out) to alter a filter that will in turn process audio from a microphone?
I want to do a performance where my voice is "interfered with" by a midi controlled variable (such as hi-pass) filter. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Hello. First, I'm sorry if this is a naive question.

…but does anyone know of a way I can use a midi signal (just pitch information, coming in fact from a living plant via an interface giving midi out) to alter a filter that will in turn process audio from a microphone?
I want to do a performance where my voice is "interfered with" by a midi controlled variable (such as hi-pass) filter. Any ideas?
Thanks.

??????

you want your flowers to filter your voice via midi ?????????????

You'll just need a midi-controllable effect device in the audio chain. How they are controlled over midi is device-specific, but typically such parameters are controlled via midi cc messages instead of note data, so you'll need a midi processor of some sort to convert the note data to cc's. This can be done with computer software or a hardware midi-processor.

As a practical example, the entry-level Behringer 3D FX2000 multieffect has your basic high/low/band-pass filters among many other things, all controllable with midi cc.

Back