Me singing - Quit! or Continue?

Kingrvs

Hey,

The A team -
please let me know what you think of it! Criticism and tips to improve my vocal are very much appreciated! ^^

---->
<--------

^updated version.. better than the previous one((the one in attached files)), CrowsofFritz and Lt.Bob commented on.

ty <3

Attachments

• The A Team #1.mp3
    3.5 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:
You can continue. You got potential.

But dude... Start practicing.

For starters, it sounds like your trying too hard to sound good. Your singing sounds just weird. Sing naturally, and experiment with doing stuff like what you were doing later on.

Thanks!
I noticed this aswell a moment later.. I was practicing and actually warming up a few hours later.. and I recorded it again and it sounded more naturally, kinda rushed the recording hehe..
but still got a long way to go and lots of practice to get a natural singing sound. Thanks for replying and the tips! :)

do you want to sing?
That's the only reason to continue or quit and it's silly to ask people to listen to your early efforts and make some kind of determination as to whether you should sing or not.

No ..... you don't sound very good (I wouldn't call it weird ..... just not good) but the majority of singers don't sound very good when they start out.

keep singing ..... sing as much as you can ..... sing all the time, in the car ... in the shower ..... at home when there's no one around to make you feel self-conscious ..... sing a lot ...... you'll get better and amaze yourself by your progress a year or two from now when you compare this recording to what you'll be able to do then.

I think you have a good tone to your voice and if you improve your singing you'll do okay. It sounds like you're running out of juice as the song goes on. Work on your breathing stamina. I'm sure you can hear where you're flat and squeaky so just practice your song ove and over until those disappear. This song sounds right in your range - with a few falsettos - so you should be able to sing it.

Pretty simple formula:
If you enjoy it and it brings you happiness, do it and don't ask people over the internet if you should stop. NEVER stop doing anything that brings you happiness b/c someone said you're not good and should. Luckily most on here (from what I've seen) will give positive improvement points/critique and not be that rude.

That being said...your voice reminds me of the singer for Soul Asylum a little bit. I would suggest getting a vocal coach to fine-tune your technique in areas like ido mentioned. Don't stop, just improve what you have. I consider myself a horrid guitar player and even worse mixing/recording guy...but after 25yrs, I'm not stopping b/c it brings me enjoyment.

EDIT: Didn't see it.....what Lt. Bob said :P

It's just a muscle

You can sing,
Now don't let anybody discourage you.
Sing all the time like he said and the best advice IMHO is to sing for something or someone greater than yourself.He adores worship.

Hmm.. interesting. Would I call it great singing, no. If you want an honest assessment:
-youre pronounciation is kind of slurred. Concentrate on pronouncing the words and distinguishing them or else it sounds like your drunk and slurring.
-tonal inflection.. meaning, you kind of get into a certain octave range, and you sit there. Most songs kind of go up and down, or else they come across as monotone.
-breathyness.. its probably more a matter of the recording, but if you work on your diagprham more, you'll be able to sing and hold a note without sounding like youre out of breath.
-pitch... practice singing within a key, and holding notes or a series of note in tune for a longer period. If you pull back when singing, your voice will drop, and thats when the pitch changes and it gets off.
-depth.. this goes with strengthening your core and singing from the chest. If you can strengthen your voice, your tone will grow and sound fuller vs sounding a bit whispy. Right now you sound like a beginner, but all beginners sound that way when they first start.

Now having said all that, theres something unique to your voice. All voices have a unique character about them. If you love singing, and want to improve, keep singing, push yourself more to let it out, and consider some vocal instruction to help with keys, scales, etc The more you practice, the more the vibratos should come out and your singing will sound fuller and more relaxed vs sounding thin and rushed. You have to believe what you're singing, that helps. While your style of singing isnt for everyone, and not really my style, it is unique, and thats what does sell at times.

Good luck!!

You sound like you're being semi-choked. I think if you practiced a little and opened up your throat more you would be pretty good.

Never think of quitting! If this is what you love doing, keep going for it. Train many days a week, and you'll see many improvements!

But never think of quitting!

Never think of quitting! If this is what you love doing, keep going for it. Train many days a week, and you'll see many improvements!

But never think of quitting!

I agree. Keep practicing those scales and good singing posture! It does miracles.

Thanks a lot for the reactions!! Appreciate them very much, especially the detailed reply from WiscRcdr.
You make my day ^^

Me singing a short acapella:

Please let me know wetter I've improved even the slightest, or not.. been working a bit with your advices but it's difficult and it of course takes time
.. I feel like I'm slooooooowly making progress, what do you think?

Back