Lyrics . . . No Music / Music . . . No Lyrics !!

Buck62

噛んでくれ
That's a typical problem for songwriters... you are not alone.
Here's something you might want to try....
Change the tempo of some of the music you've got. If it's slow, speed it up a bit, and vice-versa if it's up-tempo. This may make the music more compatible with the lyrics you have.
Change the melody of how you think the song should be sung.
The more material you have of each (seperate music & lyrics), the greater chance you have of making a connection.
You can also try to write lyrics based on the mood that your music (or riffs) puts you in. Sometimes I find it easier to write if someone gives me an idea what to write about, or better yet, challenges me to write a song about a certain subject. That's when I write some of my best material.

I have written about a dozen songs, but can't seem to create good music for it. I have at least that many riffs and progressions, but can't write decent lyrics to fit the mood. It's getting damn frustrating !! Anyone else have this problem ?

PAPicker

PaPicker I get frustrated when that happens my self! My problem is every song I write they always ending up sounding the same just different lyrics.Does anybody know WHATS up with that??I don't play anything my instrament are my vocals .I don't know maybe I'm just my own worst enemy .Perfectionist i guess you could call me.But I really need a little change myself .PA-I really don't have any answers for you just thought I'd let you know you not in this alone.This songwriting business can be frustrating at times.But also inspiring in the end,don't you agree?
Good luck!!!

::::laughing:::::Oh I always have something to say!! Lyrics aren't my problem.Of coarse I get major blockage at times.Most writers do .My problem is putting music to the lyrics since I don't play anything except keyboard but not good enough to make it worth anything.When I start singing them and trying to put a tune to them they all end up sounding alike ......bummer! I know many musicains that play.Maybe I should leave that up to them what do you think?You know give them an Idea what sound I want and go from there??

every one get repetative...look at the music chart around the world, all the songs sound the same!!!!
i think that the pressure from your self to write a song that is not like any others, just helps you write a better song in the end...

Tim

Oh, sure.
Loads of song writers can't write lyrics and loads of lyricicsts can't write songs.
You can either try and try again, or team up with someone! :)

Personally I thought I wrote half-descent songs, but the lyrics sucked big-time.
Then I had a personal crisis, and the lyrics finally hit me! The songwriting got better too!

If you can't write good lyrics, maybe it's because you you have nothing to say? ;)

Try using a pattern for your song...one you usually get from digital equipment...that will help you vary your sound and you can elaborate from there

Try listening to and possibly learning to play a piece of music that's in a style you don't normally pay much attention to;it can be stimulating to your own creativity to see how the same instruments you are familiar with interact in different ways in other styles,and if you make it to the learning to play it part,to see the different ways harmony and rhythm are used.Cheers!

Back