Lyrics...

Salabim

Hi All...

I write the odd song here and there. They're not always award winning stuff, but i know ahalf decent song when i hear one.

But most times when i get around to the lyric writting, i write them, and what i write seems good. But the next time i look at them i just think "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SHIT? should i bother with lyrics? or get someone with talent to write them????

and does anyone else have this problem?

Tim

I think oneself is always to critical about your own stuff, just like ones own voice I suppose. The important thing is to have fun with it and communicate sincere messages of oneself or another truth.

I can tell you with all honesty that I have the same problem, but it does not worry me anymore, will will not throw a song away just because I think it sucks. Just because I wrote it does not mean that it isn't any good if you know what I mean.

Many ppl in these posts are good musicians and songwriters and I have noticed that they are also very honest with their suggestions and replies, post some song or lyrics here and get a second oppinion.

People may disagree but I think that within a song it is quite hard to get bad music, it's natural to play something that sounds correct. Lyrics however can really fuck a song up, so if you do in fact produce good music I wouldn't rush into putting lyrics over the music yourself if you don't hin you write good ones.

If you write the music first then you should have a good idea of the mood/direction and feeling of a song, try and sing over a song without thinking and see what phrases come out, you can use that as a foundation.

Back