The "Lava" Song (Cover) - Disney Pixar "Lava"

I like it. You sing well, play well, and did a nice job capturing the sound of that uke particularly. Ever thought of busking?

I like it. You sing well, play well, and did a nice job capturing the sound of that uke particularly. Ever thought of busking?

I thought of it and I think its quite exciting. Do you think it'll be a nice way to gain exposure? Can you give me some tips? Thank you! :)

Never done, myself. More than exposure, what you would get would be experience performing. And a little pocket change, if you're lucky. A busker has about five seconds to attract an audience before they walk on by. The ability to draw the listener in from the first note is what distinguishes really good performers from the rest.

I can't imagine it would be too hard. Find a place that has a lot of foot traffic and is safe. Make sure you know the local laws. If you see somebody doing it, stop and ask them about it. Then give it a shot. You don't need a larger repertoire since nobody will listen for more than a few minutes, if that. Obviously, get your parents' approval if you're underage.

Never done, myself. More than exposure, what you would get would be experience performing. And a little pocket change, if you're lucky. A busker has about five seconds to attract an audience before they walk on by. The ability to draw the listener in from the first note is what distinguishes really good performers from the rest.

I can't imagine it would be too hard. Find a place that has a lot of foot traffic and is safe. Make sure you know the local laws. If you see somebody doing it, stop and ask them about it. Then give it a shot. You don't need a larger repertoire since nobody will listen for more than a few minutes, if that. Obviously, get your parents' approval if you're underage.

There is actually a place here where you can busk. But they screen the performers so its like an audition. But its worth it because the place is a prestigious mall here in the Philippines, so I will definitely try that.

I think this sounds really solid. I like the falsetto parts a lot. Great control over your register and I like the tone. Really suits this kind of song. I can't help with anything about busking; however try to see if there are any open mics at coffee shops or bars in your area. Play this song since you seem comfortable with it and you already have a point of reference from us that it sounds great so the confidence will be there when/if you perform. Another thing...if you are not on Soundcloud already...get on it because that is another way to gain some global exposure and I think you will be able to cultivate a little following with your kind of talent. :)

I think this sounds really solid. I like the falsetto parts a lot. Great control over your register and I like the tone. Really suits this kind of song. I can't help with anything about busking; however try to see if there are any open mics at coffee shops or bars in your area. Play this song since you seem comfortable with it and you already have a point of reference from us that it sounds great so the confidence will be there when/if you perform. Another thing...if you are not on Soundcloud already...get on it because that is another way to gain some global exposure and I think you will be able to cultivate a little following with your kind of talent. :)

Thank you for the advice! I do have a soundcloud but now Im trying to focus on posting on facebook because I feel like people nowadays are spending more time on facebook. They are likely to ignore posts from soundcloud and youtube because it redirects the link to another app/site. They want the native videos on facebook.

Ah sorry then. I don't have facebook so soundcloud is all I know. Pm me link to your soundcloud though, I'll follow you!

Back