iTunes

Hi wise folks of homerecording :)

Has anyopne had any luck with getting their music onto iTunes?

I've inquired twice and haven't received any response (this is without even listening to anything... just a simple 'no answer').

If you were succesful, can you inform the rest of us how you did it? I'd love to hear anyone's success stories.

Thanks,

Chad Austin
www.thelogicmusic.com
www.chadaustin.com

really grn? you managed to sell on that?

i was offered a small deal by a local company...they only distribute electronically, and found it simple to get an iTunes license. i'll make some enquiries and let you know.

I've only sold a small amount (online), but I've sold. It's up to you to promote. They're just a distributor. A bar code for $30 and digital distribution... I'm surprised they can offer that deal. Plus, some great articles on how to sell more.

cool.
seeing that you mentioned it, what is the deal with bar codes?
how do you go about 'getting' one?
i'm assuming i can't just draw some black lines in a white box :D

well if you want one for yourself, like your own company, it costs hundreds of dollars to get it registered and everything... through CDBaby it's like $30 and I'm not sure about the whole process, but I know it will go through all systems and if you sell enough, big labels will take notice because they buy sales data based on these black lines in a white box.

the only thing is that CDBaby must have a copy of your CD on hand and it will be 'through' their company, as a distributor/label type deal, but your band name and cd title and everything is in it

Back