I finally finished something!!

Layla Nahar

I've been posting here for about 2 years - the one big issue I have had is about how much my stuff sucks. I have hated almost everthing I have done so much that I have been unable to finish it.

Anyway, I have finally finished a piece and put it on soundclick. Its really nothing great - (the melody really doesn't deveop - its more of a motif), or even production wise - (no mids at all) but i FINISHED IT!!!! The one cool thing is that I programmed the underlying groove myself - its not a loop

So, if anybody here remembers me from about a year ago, I'd really like it if you could check this out.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/laylanaharmusic.htm

oh - its not got any lyrics - I just really wanted to tell some of the people here who have been so supportive of me over these two years that I finally have put a piece of my music out for review and criticism by my peers. Its a big step. I FINISHED something!

LN

ps: the one thing that has really helped me lately is realizing that musically, I am where a lot of people were when they were 14 or 15, had been playing guitar for a year or two, and were just *starting* to get serious. Makes a big difference in what you can do if you have more realistic expectations.

pps: thanks in advance for any feedback.

Here's my opinion (you did ask): it sounds a bit like the Orbital song the box, which I love, by the way. But your tune is too short and needs something in the higher frequencies to bring the mood up a bit and balance the bass/drums. A 303 riff? Piano? Depends where you want to take it.

I liked the way the song builds, and I think you can stretch it further.

:)

mook said:
Here's my opinion (you did ask): it sounds a bit like the Orbital song the box, which I love, by the way. But your tune is too short and needs something in the higher frequencies to bring the mood up a bit and balance the bass/drums. A 303 riff? Piano? Depends where you want to take it.

I liked the way the song builds, and I think you can stretch it further.

:)

Thank you! Yeah, I think I will try to do a version II. I need to work on developing a melody. OH -- I think I may try to use another instrument & either toss the melody back & forth or split the motif & a solo, and give them to different instrument. I just thought of that!

ps: I've actually never listened to Orbital!
pps: Where I want to take it is, I want it to have a high energy level, dark, but upbeat.

You've never listened to Orbital?! Well I envy you then because you'll get to hear them for the first time. The Box is on In sides and is a classic example of how to build a dance track (electronica really, but that always seemed a very American term). I reckon all you need is that elusive melody, a bit more patience in the build up and you're there!

Your song

Let Me First Start By Saying.... I Love It Keep Up The Good Work. I Feel It Needs To Be Longer THIS IS NOT A BAD THING BECAUSE IT LEAVES YOU WANTING MORE. It Also Needs To Have A Hook. It Is A Great Start But I Feel You Would Be Doing The Song Wrong If You Did Not Put Some Other Parts In It. I Look Forward To Hearing More From You. Thanks George Macris Geomac1310

Back