Hows this?

Lost

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.
Fear is but a Mass Manisfestation.
Whos only function is Devestation.
It has taken ahold of this Nation.
it is a tool of desecration.
a mortal foe of inspiration.
A hidden ally of temptation.
an impediment of salvation.
There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

I wrote this on the spot here using parts of a poem i wrote alon g time ago. I cant think of a good rhytm or temp for it.
anyone think of anything?

" That's just what I got . . . Fear Itself ! . . . nuuk nuuk nuuk "

- Curly Howard / The Three Stooges

Can anyone tell I'm trying to reach 200 ?

PAPicker

[This message has been edited by PAPicker (edited 07-18-2000).]

I've read your poem on trepidation,
I must admit with some reservation,
Cause fear really kills any kind of elation,
So it's a good thing that I'm on vacation,
And have time for writing this flatulation,
Instead of playing with my Sony play station.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. ;)

I think your lyrics would fit a tune with a minor key and a rhythmic feel like "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane.

Just my opinion, but hey you asked.

While the topic is interesting, relevant, and has quite a bit of truth to it, this particular set of words is probably best left as a poem. Here's why I think that:

1. It is full of complicated words (on 2 counts); the average listener won't know the meaning of most of them-result; they won't get the message, and there are simply too many syllables to sing effectively.

2. All of the end words end in "shun". When spoken, "shun" allways goes down in pitch giving you limited options for notes to use.

3. "shun" is a VERY weak way to end a line. It has no b@lls, no ooomph and (I'm sure to get ribbed with this one) no sex appeal.

It's no wonder you can't come up with a melody. If a client came to me and had to have these lyrics set to music, they'd have to pay for my (extended) stay at the Betty Ford Clinic cause this would drive me to drink!
Take the concept and start from scratch, you'll be glad you did.

Back