How do I make my microphone voice sound deeper

Africanrebel

Hi new here basically there is a video of a guy doing an African accent cant post link because I'm new with a deep voice I can do the African accent but not that deep I have tried voice changers to make my voice sound deeper but sounds a bit robotic and it tried voice meeter but it doesn't work properly for how do I make my voice sound naturally deep or close to naturally deep

... And avoid e voice changers. One thing to realise is some things you can change. It's called acting. How you stand, how you breath, how your mouth works. These can change. What you cannot change is the physical shape of the parts of the body that form much of your sound. You can train the bits that move. The bits that are fixed are what you live with. If you have a poor voice for speaking or singing, recognise what you can do or can't. Find a vocal coach. People who do public speaking use them, and of course actors train their voice. The most useful person is an honest, independent listener. Absolutely NOT you. You never hear your voice properly.

Hi new here basically there is a video of a guy doing an African accent cant post link because I'm new with a deep voice I can do the African accent but not that deep I have tried voice changers to make my voice sound deeper but sounds a bit robotic and it tried voice meeter but it doesn't work properly for how do I make my voice sound naturally deep or close to naturally deep
Full stops are a great resource !
Your post is confusing. You say you have a deep voice but you can't do an African accent with a deep voice. Can you explain what you mean there ?

Not all African men speak with deep voices.

Maybe you could use an octave plugin to add a lower octave to your voice and blend some of that in. I still don't know that it will make you sound like Melvin Franklin or Barry White.

try yawning. your deepest voice is when you are at the end of your yawn ! i dont know how to explain this :D you cant go deeper than that level !

Universal Audio has a plugin called "Voice of God", by Little Labs. Customer Reviews of the Little Labs(R) Voice Of God Bass Resonance | UAD Audio Plugins | Universal Audio
As the name suggests, it will easily provide the James Earl Jones effect. Also great for bass or kick low end. It will shake the drapes and rattle the trunk. Cheap too.

Melodyne 5 or Revoice 4
Could try an Octave pedal I guess, lol.

Best advice would be sing in your range, and find someone who can reach the range, and pay them nicely for their 'time'.

Another trick you can do is learn how to sing in your vocal fry range with an audible pitch. It is also the basis of certain metal screaming techniques as well, so it improves your vocal versatility. It does take a lot of air to do, so be prepared to breathe a lot.

Last edited:
You know sometimes we just don't have the voice we want. Nothing I do to mine will make me sound like James Earl Jones - it is what it is. I can pay for a music teacher to make what I have better, but it's still me!

Obviously you haven't bought the new WaveZ "Barry White" plug-in! Just released at NAMM! It'll be your first, your last, your everything!

The problem with that Barry White plug-in is that any mix I use it on, when I play it in the car, it punctures all the tyres ~ except the back left one. Weird.

Obviously you haven't bought the new WaveZ "Barry White" plug-in! Just released at NAMM! It'll be your first, your last, your everything!

Seriously, this post will probably go under-rated but it was very much appreciated. "Can't get enough of your ...."

Ahh yes, it's the crisis of the vanishing poster and yet the topic lives on.

Back