HELP! i have song lyrics but no music

moni the star

Please if anyone out there can put music to my lyrics i would love you forever hahaha!!!! Just email me and let me know if you can help me

I'd be up to giving it a try, but... questions. What style, do you sing, play an instrument etc. Lots of people on this BBS willing to collaborate, just gotta stick around. If its a drive by post, you may not get much interest.

have music

hello moni I would love to collaborate on your lyrics.I think it would help if u knew a little of my musical background.I have added my guitar to other musical pieces in recording studios.I play jam band music top 40 country folk and bluegrass,if u could tell me what style you have in mind for your lyrics,maybe I could help u.
Peace Andrew

I think Moni might be a shooting star, a one post wonder, drive by poster, here today gone tommorow. In otherwords, I suggest you email hlblyhipy, I don't see a return visit to this thread. I may be wrong.

Now here's some question for you guys... I want to write my own music, for a song that allready has the lyrics finished. But I can't get it right. I've got an ok start, but that's it. And it has to be finished next friday (2nd of march) cause that's when I have a gig... Inspire me.
It's a cabaret sad/funny-kinda song about my girlfriend leaving me, just me on vocals and guitar or piano.

I suppose there are allready lots of threads on this, but I've got another question as excuse for not using the search. :)

Here it comes: dragonworks, where did you learn about orchestration etc? I'm studying harmony and reading schoenbergs fundamentals of... but haven't got a book on orchestration. (mainly waiting for the next version of adler's book...)

Roel
I hate to say this to you but it just comes natural, I have allways been able to do it. I cant score it but I can
hear it in my head, then I have a nice set of keys on which to lay it down with. I really didnt't need any kind
of training except to communicate what I hear to other musicians. Still cant read or write, I know you may not
believe me.

Well, I do believe you. At times I can hear things too. But I'm really working on getting it out. And the education, harmony etc, is really helpfull for that. And it helps in other ways too. Sometimes I write a piece, but just run into a dead end, and then you can release the theory on it, and it will guide you to a solution.

But for a real orchestration, you do need to know what the different instruments and there capabilities are... (I was thinking orchestration as in a piano concerto or something like that. I think you're talking orchestration in non-classical music, right? Otherwise you're truly a genius...)

Yes, orchestration in non classical music. I have also done som e true classical pieces, to big to download on the web. I did wind up going to college for theory after
playing for about 15 years, and yes it does help.

music, no lyrics

i have lots of tracks, few words.
electronic, strange.
email me
rogartmusic@aol.com

hey guys i e-mailed this lady offering help,she mailed me back once but she never sent any lyrics.just a note saying she thought i was too money oriented.i never asked for any money and never wanted any,just wanted to help someone else out if i could.she said she writes pop but i don't think we will ever know.

i don't have a clue what she meant.i think she may be afraid of someone stealing her lyrics.maybe she is shy about her abilities,or maybe she was just looking for attention,maybe her computer is on the blink,maybe she was uploaded into the mother ship and found a space musician to complement her lyrics. any ways,i made the offer.

Back