Guitar driven song; acoustic; opinions needed...

SEDstar

I was working on this in mostly all piano. It was "okay", but... when I put it to acoustic guitar instead of piano, it really seemd like it came alive, maybe *shrugs* you be the judge...

http://www.mediafire.com/?ofid5nil0nj

PS - it has lyrics, and even though I cant sing, they seem to go with the mood and melody and rhythm well in places... I'll post them soon as they are back on the music computer (music computer never, ever, ever... gets a connection to get online... likely, thats why it keeps working, LMAO)

eh?

Nice, I'd like to hear it with the vocals. As it is now I think the drums could be little more laid back in places to make it flow a bit smoother but with vocals that could change. There's a real nice feel to it.

I didn't find the drums intrusive myself. I can't really critique it though but I can say that I enjoyed listening to it and played it through several times. :)

I was working on this in mostly all piano. It was "okay", but... when I put it to acoustic guitar instead of piano, it really seemd like it came alive, maybe *shrugs* you be the judge...

http://www.mediafire.com/?ofid5nil0nj

PS - it has lyrics, and even though I cant sing, they seem to go with the mood and melody and rhythm well in places... I'll post them soon as they are back on the music computer (music computer never, ever, ever... gets a connection to get online... likely, thats why it keeps working, LMAO)

eh?

SEDStar, I am really becoming a fan of your music. This is excellent new age work! It reminds me a lot of David Arkenstone, whom I greatly admire.

BTW, songs like this stand alone perfectly without lyrics/vocals, unless it contains "wordless vocals" in the style of Stina Nordenstam (Vangelis, "Ask the Mountains").

Cheers,
Joseph

This is an occasion where midi works in your favour.

The guitar sound you've used is much more complex than the piano sound I'm used to hearing in much of your work, and its richness adds enormously to the track.

I like the prominent kit; it drives the whole thing hypnotically relentlessly, with sufficient variation not to become tedious.

This is cetainly a track that induces a trance like state of relaxation, and I found myself totally engrossed.

Well done!

Back