The god mode guide lead vocal processing

zorrofox

Hi Everyone.

Here is my paper on the meat of mid chain vocal mixing (pre compressor, pre FX, pre limiter)
Advanced tutorial and i guess more of a paper to help a beginner to intermediate AVOID the common "YouTube taught" mistakes + lock in the most important 5 stage process i was taught and have adapted/fine tuned.

This is not the explicit "RIGHT" way...or definitive END way - it is just my process i am sharing :)
Note most of my work is urban (difficult raw tracking files submitted with a lot of sib and dirty waveform) and pop, this paper can be applied to any vocal process though!

This paper is to get a raw mono vocal ready for creative mixing and character mixing.

Note that i use REASON and there is A LOT of signal splitting templates i use in my workflow but maybe you will see something that may apply to some areas that you are stuck or frustrated on.
Note there is also a tutorial on how to re amp a lead vox on the site that i use AFTER this process.

8000 word paper across 7 published chapters.
I am a 15 year experienced engineer.

THE GOD MODE GUIDE FOR HIP HOP, RAP AND TRAP LEAD VOCAL PROCESSING - DENIM THE ENGINEER

THE GOD MODE GUIDE FOR HIP HOP, RAP AND TRAP LEAD VOCAL PROCESSING (1).gif

Hi Everyone.

Here is my paper on the meat of mid chain vocal mixing (pre compressor, pre FX, pre limiter)
Advanced tutorial and i guess more of a paper to help a beginner to intermediate AVOID the common "YouTube taught" mistakes + lock in the most important 5 stage process i was taught and have adapted/fine tuned.

This is not the explicit "RIGHT" way...or definitive END way - it is just my process i am sharing :)
Note most of my work is urban (difficult raw tracking files submitted with a lot of sib and dirty waveform) and pop, this paper can be applied to any vocal process though!

This paper is to get a raw mono vocal ready for creative mixing and character mixing.

Note that i use REASON and there is A LOT of signal splitting templates i use in my workflow but maybe you will see something that may apply to some areas that you are stuck or frustrated on.
Note there is also a tutorial on how to re amp a lead vox on the site that i use AFTER this process.

8000 word paper across 7 published chapters.
I am a 15 year experienced engineer.

THE GOD MODE GUIDE FOR HIP HOP, RAP AND TRAP LEAD VOCAL PROCESSING - DENIM THE ENGINEER

View attachment 105530

Welp it says file not found which I'll take as you deleted it or moved the file

Welp it says file not found which I'll take as you deleted it or moved the file

Not super surprising. The user signed up in January, made a bunch of posts promoting his tutorials and has been silent since February.
Pretty common occurrence.

Back