First time singing - Come Together - Should I stop or go on singing ?

PatrickTras

Hello everybody !
I finally did it. I recorded myself singing for the first time. I never sing because I don't think I have what it takes to be a singer and I don't like my voice... I'm very ashamed of singing.

Si I took the instrumental version of Come Together and sang over it. I appologize to them. You'll notice that I have a strange accent, that's because I'm french. But I'm considering taking english lessons to improve my accent.

So here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cep19LLH66A&feature=youtu.be

First time in front of a microphone, at home, I just added a little slap back delay and a compressor.

What do you think ? Don't be shy and tell me the truth :)
And if you ever have good advices thank you in advance !

I don't think it is half bad. Yea, you can tell English isn't your first language, but that is the beauty of English, no one cares. It does seem like you are a little uncomfortable, if that is true, do several takes. The more the better. I would also suggest try something in your native tongue. Might be easier.

I thought it was pretty good, maybe a few more takes to make it more natural and improve. Don't worry so much about any accent, that is usually the charm of a singer. What they bring to a song, voice and accents.

Hope this helps.

Heh hey,

I'm only a beginner singer myself, however I am a long-term listener, and I really like your voice!
I'd love to hear it for a bit longer and with less effects to really get a feel for how it sounds naturally, but I enjoyed what you did with Come Together.

Just my two cents :)

Back