Every Good Boy Deserves Favor....

joro

The Pie Guy
I started music lessons this week......

Trying to teach this old dog new tricks.....

Only one problem that I forsee.......

I don't speak Belgian :D

joro said:
I started music lessons this week......

:D

Here are a couple more mnemonics:

Father Charles Goes Down And Ends Battle = Sharps
Battle Ends And Down Goes Charles' Father = Flats

And don't forget that German Bombers Dive from Above, and All Cows Eat Grass.

Sarah

I thought I'd expound on what Sarah said, but I forgot what it was.

But I think that those lessons are a great idea.
What do you need to speak Belgium for? All ya gots to do it play along.

I wish there were someplace close around here to take courses like Roel is taking. One of the bummers of country life.

Anyway, Heres a little something to help you with your musical memory.

Equivalents And Degrees Gather Blind Eccentrics.

Heres another tidbit for your musical memory.

Just because you have a degree from juliard doesnt mean you can play worth a damn.
All technique and no soul makes johnny a lousy player.

Thanks Sara :D

BG.........I live pretty close to Berklee and the New England Conservatory of Music....my goal is to eventually end up taking courses at one or the other...

DW...........I agree with ya man........
I play with all of my heart and soul.....
The only problem is that I have no idea what I am doing....
Just that it sounds good....ya know?
It's time to take the next step.....

badgas said:
I wish there were someplace close around here to take courses like Roel is taking. One of the bummers of country life.
Well, Belgium is small... Brussels is bout an hour drive from where my parents live. Half an hour by train from where I live, and next year I'll move there. Guess I can't really complain aye. hehe...

I'll come and teach y'all in 4/5 years after I graduate (I'm thinking of starting the jazzcomposition programl in parallel with the theory course next year). A jazzcomposition workshop at the jamfest. How about that aye? ;)

I never went beyond highschool.
Just can't imagine what going to school for music would be like. No idea at all.
I took some lessons when I was eight back in the mid fifties, and two months of classical lessons. till the guy died.

Jazz compostion. Now that sounds really cool.
I've looked around the internet for some indepth lessons but it's really hard to say who is on the other end. From what I've seen I could start an online lesson prog. I'm not to impressed with what I've found.

Sure, Roel. If you decide to give lessons when you graduate, I'll sign up. I couldn't think of a better instructor.

I've been learning the keyboard just enough to make noise by transposing notes from guitar to keys. Been thinking about taking some lessons for that. There's an old hagg a few miles away that teaches.

Good luck Roel. Oh, I've meant to ask you before;
How's your dad doing? Did he recover fully?
Hope so.

Yeah my dad's fine. My mom thinks he's got brain damage from the operation, but it could be just as well that he's just going insane from age or something. :D He does some strange things every now and then. Hehe. But he's ok...

Jazz composition is cool I guess. hehe. I'm taking jazz harmony course, and it's really fun. The guy wants us to write 'hits'. Like, really simple songs with melodies that sound very appealing to the masses. :) And then he plays them on the piano in front of the class, and starts making jokes while he's playing. At the end of the sentence, he'll play a long chord, make big arm movements and say; "Drums come in, doem doem doem", then next time the strings enter. Or just play the most cliche piano lines over it. Hilarious... Really.

Try to get some jazzpiano course. It's fun. You can just play progressions. Then take some harmony courses and you can make up poptunes in a few minutes...

Back