Dumbest Song Title

MikeDog

"Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict"

That one may also qualify as the longest song title...

MikeDog

An Aussie band called 'Regurgitator' (one of australias bigger bands in the last 3 years - dont know if your guys have heard of em') had a song called 'i will lick your asshole'

and 'i piss alone' on the same album!

"Unchained Melody" Righteous Bros....nowhere in the song is it mentioned or referred to...go figure.....gibs

I always wanted to know, and I'm sure there's a reasonable explaination, and I really love the song, but what in the hell does (slight return) mean, as in Voodoo Chile (slight return)?

The Moon Turned A Fire Red

Re "Voodoo Chile" I believe the title had to do with the fact that on the original vinyl release there was a live jam called "Voodoo Child" on side one and the one you're referring to was on side three I believe.

Hendrix - Slight return I think is what he was refering to as the second rendition (slower more bluesy than than the first)who know's what he was thinking.......

"Does your chewing gum lose it's flavor on the bedpost overnight?"

Bad title and terrible song. If you want to drive someone over 40 crazy, just mention that song, and they'll have the tune stuck in their head for about a week - worse than the electrical shock to the testicles torture!!!

Mr. QQ -
"My Dingaling" was done by Chuck Berry. Don't remember the year, but I bet Monty will. :D

mutt

I take back what i said about voodoo in a song title...i played tonight w/ a group opening up for Astral Project...this killer jazz quintet from new orleans...and they had a song called Voodoo Bop...

a guy i was in a band with when i was like 16 wrote a song called Suicidal Skater...the chorus was:

suicide suicide
suicidal skater
i killed myself now, not later

NOFX have a song called 'we threw gasoline on the fire and now we have stumps arms and no eyebrows'

A couple of well known groups immediately come to mind. The Ramones produced too many strange song titles to list a few of which, "Bonzo Goes To Bittburg", "Teenage Labotomy", and Frank Zappa's Mothers of Invention, "Stinkfoot", "Nanook Rubs It", and "Suzy Creamcheese"

We could go on and on and on with this one.

Peace

Back