Do I have a decent voice? What should I work on?

Greykitkat36

100% Cotton

Here are some songs I recorded at a live acoustic performance using SM-58s and direct inputs into a BOSSBR16--CD Digital recorder. Let me know how much voice is and what areas I should work on improving. Thanks again.

i like ur voice man not much bad i can say about it you hav ur own style and that s a very good thing too have int he music industry today, keep it up man

Yes, it's decent. The main thing that keeps it from being really good is a lack of any emotion in your voice. It sounds like you're either just going through the motions or trying too hard. What's strange is that I'm normally telling people to annunciate more, but in this case it almost sounds like you're annunciating too much and what ends up happening is on some of the "funkier" tracks you end up sounding like a super white boy trying to sing a song that doesn't fit you. Loosen up a bit, get into the character for the song, and put some feeling in your voice man!!

I think when you sing stuff like "New york State of Mind" your lower register lacks color. " Under the Moon" is where your voice really shines. Sorry I only listened to those two.

I love your instrumentals (beats) because it's so blues and jazzy("Green onions," etc). I like "New York State of Mind," but try to put more emotions in your songs; it will help make it awesome as well as connects with the listeners. Great Performance! :-D

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA are u serious i like your voice! theres nothing much to work on unless you want to take your vocals a little higher which can be achieved.
Great work

Back