Dirty Rock

Dogman

Unkle Ticklefingers
This is my first post in here, but am looking for some ideas. I have some pieces for a tune, and am having a bit of difficulty arranging them. There is a main rif, which is the verse portion, and 2 other riffs.
Grey

I don't generally write stuff that is verse, chorus, verse....etc....
What I'm stuck on, is how they should mesh together, and if they even can. I have some lyrics, but nothing set yet, as I just started on this, and like some of the elements so far. It is just the 3 chord progresions on guitar, and some simple drums so far. The drums are to fit the main portion, and drums need to be done for the other 2 parts, but this will give you an idea of the basics. I'm really thinking the second chord progression needs more palm mute stuff to make it cohesive, but am not sure. And the 3rd sequence is pretty free form, and probably needs some real structure. I'm just looking for any ideas to try at this point, as I am fried.... :D

Thanks for any input.
Ed

Last edited:
Sweet! Your guitar sound is nice and edgy.. sounds good.

Post some lyrics and it'll help get a feel for the song.

Thanks, you two. It's about the shades of grey....you know, black and white make grey. Definitive boundries, yet everything is still a bit convoluted. I'll post some lyrics if I ever really figure out what I want to do with the chord structure. Right now, that is what is hanging this one up. I hate to give up on it like all the others, as I already have to many unfinished projects.

Dogman said:
Thanks, you two. It's about the shades of grey....you know, black and white make grey. Definitive boundries, yet everything is still a bit convoluted. I'll post some lyrics if I ever really figure out what I want to do with the chord structure. Right now, that is what is hanging this one up. I hate to give up on it like all the others, as I already have to many unfinished projects.
I can hear a killer lead...or two in this too DOG. This song really excites me. Shit, you have jumped out of the shadow into the Grey!! :D

Do not slack on this...Frau is lurking!!! :D

wilko said:
What was the flaw? This tune sounds great to me - listened to all versions now!
Version 3 had most of the sounds panned up the middle. Made for a pretty heavy guitar tone, but drowned out the drums, and it was missing some of the depth that I originally had in it. I simply forgot one step in the mix process that I did in the previous version.....

Back