[CRITICS WANTED]What Do You Guys Think Of My Vocals

What Do You Think

• Total voters

Jude2010

I've just been messing around with my usb mic to see if i can sing so far I've been rapping and i'd prefer singing R'n'B but didn't know if sounded good enough so i decided to seek criticism.
i haven't added any effects to the track and it was just recorded with a Samson CO1U USB mic.

i kinda mess up with the lyrics so bare with me :)

and could anyone tell me any effects that could get them just that bit better like compressors etc
if anyone could also edit the track and send it to me as an example of how they could totally change i'd be 100% greatful ;)

i'm 15 if that makes any difference?

I'm open to the harshest comments :cool:

also the songs sand was
Emergency Room - Mario's Version
Let It Burn - Usher
Yo (Excuse Me Miss) - Chris Brown

The Link to the mp3.. homerecording.com wont let me add it as an attachment
http://www.zshare.net/audio/820192202aaa5e2c/

no its a 15 year old...good on you for having the balls to post but id sing along to a backingtrack or something or your opening yourself up for a bit of ridicule

no its a 15 year old...good on you for having the balls to post but id sing along to a backingtrack or something or your opening yourself up for a bit of ridicule

Thanks but I'll leave this as it is for a while
I mean I wasn't expecting thousands of posts with admiration by any means

i wouldnt take any of it too much to heart..but i sing in a few tunes and no one says anything too critical about my singing...if i stuck my vocals up on their own then id expect a slew of bad comments...really unless youre a real talent naked vocals seldom sound great...within the context of a song they can sound much better

but some dry R&B on a USB is never going to cut it

dont stop though, keep at it :drunk:

why?
why not put a little bit more effort into it and get a track to sing along with?
They're not hard to find and you might be surprised how much better you siong and how much better it sounds which will lead to better reviews.

why?
why not put a little bit more effort into it and get a track to sing along with?
They're not hard to find and you might be surprised how much better you siong and how much better it sounds which will lead to better reviews.

Allright then I'll do that and see if there are any differences
Thanks

i wouldnt take any of it too much to heart..but i sing in a few tunes and no one says anything too critical about my singing...if i stuck my vocals up on their own then id expect a slew of bad comments...really unless youre a real talent naked vocals seldom sound great...within the context of a song they can sound much better

but some dry R&B on a USB is never going to cut it

dont stop though, keep at it :drunk:

I will, I'll do one tonight .. Btw which one sounded the 'best' so I'll know at least what artist I maybe could sound similar to

I will, I'll do one tonight .. Btw which one sounded the 'best' so I'll know at least what artist I maybe could sound similar to

well for one forget about sounding familiar to anyone...i do a brilliant elvis but im not going to sing like that ;)

you need to work on your pitch...what were you singing along too?

if you were singing just out of your head, again, you better be bloody good....set up a beat, get a simple melody and sing to it...forget your heroes and work on what you have

learn to use the tools like EQ, reverb, compression etc...read this, its got a ton of good information regarding vocals...and dont forget, this is hard work, very, and guys like Usher put in a hell of a lot of hours in first

http://kimlajoie.wordpress.com/tag/vocals/

well for one forget about sounding familiar to anyone...i do a brilliant elvis but im not going to sing like that ;)

you need to work on your pitch...what were you singing along too?

if you were singing just out of your head, again, you better be bloody good....set up a beat, get a simple melody and sing to it...forget your heroes and work on what you have

learn to use the tools like EQ, reverb, compression etc...read this, its got a ton of good information regarding vocals...and dont forget, this is hard work, very, and guys like Usher put in a hell of a lot of hours in first

http://kimlajoie.wordpress.com/tag/vocals/

Haha thanks, yes i was just singing from my head :)
I'll read the link top to bottom :D
Thank you

Hey, Jude !
It will serve you better if people don't have to download etc in order to hear your stuff.......
Blimey ! A Scottish Elvis !
"Aye, it's one fae t'money
Two fae t'show....".
Well, I still think "The final front ear" blatters anything young El did.

I think his guitarist was called Scotty, in his glory days...

I like you're voice, i think if you put in some work it could be really good. At the moment, it sounds like a bad impersonation of prince.

But hey, remember, the technicalities aside, if you can convey emotion, then that's half the battle. I dont feel anything in that vocal track.

I dont think it's as bad as people are making out, i've heard much much much much much worse! lol

You at least have something that is worth working on.

Back