Copywrites moron or not

Rusty Coggs

Wll Mr.HixMix I dont know how long you have been writing songs or if you even do,But Ive had four song
published in Nashville,One album
cut in 1979, I think I know what I
speak of,Ive been through it all
from a to z so you have your thoughts, I know what I know.You
can spend the $25.00 per song to copywrite them or save the money
and do it as I and many outhers have done it.
Thanks have a good day
Rusty Coggs

Its presently 30.00, and thats for as many songs as you can cram on the tape, CD, or whatever they used to record on "back in the day"....I guess I have a few questions like will a publisher actually publish a song that isnt copyrighted, and what record label would release a record without copyrights, what turnip truck did u fall off, can Coca Cola remove skidmarks from underwear,why does Eddie have skidmarks in the back AND front of his underwear,how do I know this.....enuff questions for now......

copyrites

If this message was for me,the first song i had published was in
1972, it was $25.00 per song I dont know what it is today I sort of got out of it after i cut my
first album (Gospel) and did the
tour circuit for a couple of years. A plublisher will secure the copyrights on the song or songs they sign with you.I have never fallen from a turnip truck,
But I did hit the dirt off the back of a semi trailer a few times The music business is much harder
today than it was when I first got into it in 1971.I mainly record for others now, I still write,&
guess I allways will.I'm in the process of up gradeing my studio
From square one, hope I answered
all you ask me.
Talk to you agin sometime
good luck in all your musical endeavors.
Rusty Coggs

Ok, im still not clear about whether u did or didnt copyright your songs....anywho, since Gibs seems to think you are ok Ill cut u some slack...however, i must let u know that as a former musician, it is very, VERY careless of you to advise people to copyright songs in such a manner...Im not attacking you, just your views on copyrights...

copyright

first off I was replying to one persons question,It was as I said
in those days referred as the poor
mans way to copyright their songs
Not something I invented,I first
found out about the method in a book in Nashville if you would like I will find the subject article and e-mail it t you.
And yes the songs that were published were copyrighted as well
as the songs I wrote on my Gospel
album====R,Coggs

I just kind of wandered in here...

...but if you're all talking about the infamous "poor man's copyright" that consists of mailing yourself an envelope with the song in it to "prove" that you wrote it "way back when", it doesn't stand up in court because they have no way of knowing you didn't simply mail yourself a couple of unsealed envelopes every six months 20 years ago and then put in whatever you wanted later on.

It sounds great when you first hear it, but that's the problem with it. We covered this here years ago. It should be in the FAQ. Sorry!

Back