Catch a couple zzzz's with my subjective history thoughts

Marty Joe

I feel that the origins are very hard to track down. According to some blues legends, the blues and talkin' blues could be traced back to the slaves. They were not allowed to sing in the fields so they would talk the blues. Not only blues performers used this style, folk performers such as Woody Guthrie brought and adapted these talkin' blues on to radio or recording. Bob Dylan has done some talkin' blues and I've heard this in country as well. In fact, I worked on a song just last week that used the old folk elements of the talkin' blues in a obscure introduction to heavy rock song.

I apologize

I was commenting on another post on good songwriting and accidently hit new thread instead of reply.

Thats a cardinal sin in these parts. Don't you know who you're messin with here?

I've always thought it was a bit odd that they have that there right next to the reply button. I've done that quite a few times too, but caught myself before I sent my message. Nothing to be ashamed of, it happens to the best of us :D

Back