Thread: can i sing?

Thanks

can i sing?

Sign in to disable this ad
    just me messing around on guitar and stuff. thank you for listening (or trying to haha)
    Last edited by LewieR; 08-23-2017 at 14:09.

Thanks
    Can you sing? Yes. Do you sound good? No. Do you stay in pitch.............no. Is your timing ok.....sort of. Would you be likely to get a singing job with a working band.............no. Would your family tell you your singing is good.......yes. Would your friends tell you your singing is good.......some of them. If you're just singing for fun........go for it. I think you've submitted singing samples under other names here........just my thought........and you may be just asking until someone tells you what you want to hear. I truly wish I could.
    Just A Song Writer..........

Thanks
    My opinion: you're trying too hard. You're forcing yourself to sound desperate/passionate instead of just singing the lyrics naturally. A little goes a long way. I'd practice that song over and over, recording yourself like you did, and just try to sing it naturally, giving about a tenth of the desperation effects you're splattering all over every line. Less of the emo stuff, more of the natural singing, and just keep practicing singing naturally. If you do that, there's one thing I can assure you - when you re-listen to the recordings 6 months from now, you'll prefer the naturally-sang versions.
    "No healthy person waits in line with a slew of geriatrics on a Sunday morning for pancakes" - RFR https://soundcloud.com/andrushkiwt

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andrushkiwt View Post
    My opinion: you're trying too hard. You're forcing yourself to sound desperate/passionate instead of just singing the lyrics naturally. A little goes a long way. I'd practice that song over and over, recording yourself like you did, and just try to sing it naturally, giving about a tenth of the desperation effects you're splattering all over every line. Less of the emo stuff, more of the natural singing, and just keep practicing singing naturally. If you do that, there's one thing I can assure you - when you re-listen to the recordings 6 months from now, you'll prefer the naturally-sang versions.
    Thank you

Thanks
    Yeah, you can sing, anyone can sing, can they not ?? Even Shane Macgowan has made a career of sounding a lot worse than you. Would I choose to listen to him, probably not (apart from Fairy Tail of New York at Christmas obviously). Would I chose to listen to you as things stand - probably not (no offence intended).

Just relax and let it come naturally - it all seems all a bit fake, and try-hard for me. I understand passionate songs, with passionate singers - but at the moment it just doesn't sound all that 'believable'.

I do however like the guitar playing, and the actual song itself could work - just drop the "super forced Emo, I'm so passionate, I'm deeply hurting, my heart is breaking, I'm holding back the tears whilst singing" vocals and do it natural.

Totally agree with andrushkiwt above - especially about the re-listening. I've got songs on my Soundcloud page from 4 years ago that I cringe when I hear them (and at the time I must have thought that they were OK to let loose on the public).

But hey, I'm just a fella with a few guitars and LogicPro (originally started with garageband) trying to have a bit of fun so who says that my opinion actually mean anything. As long as you're enjoying it, and are happy, then crack on.
    Last edited by witm8; 08-23-2017 at 08:11.
    https://soundcloud.com/tim-summers

Thread Information