Any Help or Advice is Appreciated

SaDarius Byers

Hey guys I'm new to this forum and also fairly new to singing, I'm 19 as well. I have only recently wanted to get into singing because my entire family are able to sing, and a singer also sparked my interest in wanting to sing. I am in search of the best ways to start off learning to sing, if someone could point me in the right direction of some sort of online program or lessons that are fairly cheap or free. I don't have the time or money for a vocal coach or teacher due to college so I was just looking for someone to steer me in the right direction. Please and thank you.

Tons of free videos on YouTube. You can select the ones with high ratings and good feedback, for starters. Your local music/guitar shop should have someone there that gives fairly priced lessons, if you want to move into one-on-one sessions (which would help more if you haven't sang and don't know what you're doing right/wrong).

I would try to go for an in-person coach. That said, given your situation, maybe join the a capella choir or some group/club with a singing instructor at your school. That way you may get free vocal help! In terms of internet coaches I've heard good things about Eric Arcenaux. Maybe check him out. However, again I do feel in person is good because when watching videos I feel there is a tendency not to truly understand (since you are not being told) whether you are doing something slightly wrong and such.

Back