All sold out!!

You know, we haven't talked about who is a sellout...

Would anyone agree that groups/artists like Korn, Godsmack, and Rob Zombie are sellouts? I'm telling ya, just from analysis of the music and interviews I can't believe how these guys do it...

THEY'RE NO BETTER THAN THE "BACK-SYNC" BOYS OR BRITNEY SPEARS!!!

And we all know about "the Ozman" and Alice Cooper...

Now we're getting somewhere. What is more important, how much money they make, or how much they play the game, (even if unsuccessfully).
I think any artist who spends more time worrying about clothing, hair, makeup, or videos, than actually writing songs or performing is a sellout.
Therefore all these image conscious bands like KORN, Slipknot, and such are sellouts in my opinion.

What's more interesting, is the artist's that make the question more philosophical. Like are failed pop acts like B4-4, who don't catch on, and never make any money still sellouts.

Or better yet, what about Everclear. Art spends a great deal of time playing "the game" promotion wise, and sells alot of records. Yet his music hasn't changed that much, and he's not really image concious. Is he a sellout because his music is popular, or because of the promotion he does? And doesn't the motivation mean something? Some acts do alot of promotion because they're genuinely proud of thier record, and want it to be heard.

You know, I appreciate the genuine aspect that Art puts into the content of his songs, but I think he's currently far too amused by the production of his music(didn't he produce the last two albums?).

For real, listen to it... I'm telling you, there's one drum beat for everysong! That high-speed chorus soaking the little leads(they make me think of a carnival...). It seems like every tune has a single guitar intro(the singles, anyway).

I don't believe Everclear is a sell-out. They're just too comfortable with the way they produce the music. It seems like he uses the same five instruments and parts for everything...

Personally, I couldn't give a rat's ass if a band/ artist is considered a "sell-out", whatever the word really means, as long as the music is good.

Trak

Back