What do you think of my voice/singing?

• Thread starter Deleted member 203901
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 203901

Hi there,

This is a song I recorded in the studio a few years back. I would love to hear your feedback/opinion on my singing, voice/tone and any tips for improvement. Thanks a lot!

YouTube

PS: By the way, I was not the regular singer in this band. This is the only song of the band where i am the lead singer. Thanks.

Hey.....I don't hear any issues at all really. The tone is fine for the song....and many other kinds of songs as well. Timing and phrasing is very good and pitch is pretty much perfect. You can do lots of lead vocals IMO.

Hey.....I don't hear any issues at all really. The tone is fine for the song....and many other kinds of songs as well. Timing and phrasing is very good and pitch is pretty much perfect. You can do lots of lead vocals IMO.

Thanks Mickster for your feedback. I really appreciate it...One major problem that I have and would like to improve on is that while singing high notes, I tend to depend on distorting my voice in order to hit that note (or making the voice raspy). I wish I could hit those high notes smoothly without distorting the voice (especially in songs that require a smoother tone.)

Sometimes you may need to resort to using a falsetto approach to a note or two.....as opposed to just forcing the note out. With some practice you can get that approach to work for you on notes that are just slightly above your range.

Sometimes you may need to resort to using a falsetto approach to a note or two.....as opposed to just forcing the note out. With some practice you can get that approach to work for you on notes that are just slightly above your range.

Thanks Mickster. The falsetto approach is definitely heard quite a bit in recordings these days and I think it's a great technique to learn (especially for those notes slightly above one's range, as you mentioned) Thanks for your suggestion!

One major problem that I have and would like to improve on is that while singing high notes, I tend to depend on distorting my voice in order to hit that note (or making the voice raspy). I wish I could hit those high notes smoothly without distorting the voice (especially in songs that require a smoother tone)
While I get what you mean and by all means do what you feel you need to do to improve your voice, I have to say I love your singing. It's a very good voice and the parts that go high have a great tone to them. You call it distortion and maybe it is but I couldn't catch any distortion. It has a nice electric quality to it.
I really like the song too. I like that it's a pop~rock treatment but sung in Nepali {I work in a school in London and a few of the children are from Nepal} as I'm no stranger to songs in different languages. I got used to songs not being in English in the 80s and 90s as I'd listen to music by Brazilians {Portuguese} and other South Americans {Spanish} and Celtic folk and folk~rock {Gaelic} as well as African stuff my Dad listened to when I was a kid and teen, not to mention various songs we'd learn in French at school and bits of singing I'd hear on Indian stuff which I didn't like at first but have grown to appreciate.
Your band is actually quite fortunate to have you as a vocalist. You should sing more, while you still can.

While I get what you mean and by all means do what you feel you need to do to improve your voice, I have to say I love your singing. It's a very good voice and the parts that go high have a great tone to them. You call it distortion and maybe it is but I couldn't catch any distortion. It has a nice electric quality to it.
I really like the song too. I like that it's a pop~rock treatment but sung in Nepali {I work in a school in London and a few of the children are from Nepal} as I'm no stranger to songs in different languages. I got used to songs not being in English in the 80s and 90s as I'd listen to music by Brazilians {Portuguese} and other South Americans {Spanish} and Celtic folk and folk~rock {Gaelic} as well as African stuff my Dad listened to when I was a kid and teen, not to mention various songs we'd learn in French at school and bits of singing I'd hear on Indian stuff which I didn't like at first but have grown to appreciate.
Your band is actually quite fortunate to have you as a vocalist. You should sing more, while you still can.

Thanks grimtraveller for your encouraging words. I really appreciate it...It motivates me to work on my singing more and possibly create more original songs in the future!

I listen to lots of songs in different languages as well. Also, since I'm a big fan of instrumental music, it allows me to explore a even wider variety of music from around the world (since understanding the words doesn't come into the equation in instrumental music)...Maybe listening to songs in different languages is also beneficial in further developing one's originality as a songwriter? Thanks again!

Hi guys. I just want to get other ideas and tips with regard to this problem. I have a 10 yr old carrier AC unit. Still performing best though it is a little bit old. But last week I noticed that the air coming out of this unit is a little bit warm. I changed the capacitor and still not resolve the issue. I also heard an ice cracking sound inside. What do you think is the problem? I am just started learning AC tech from the last 6 months, so my knowledge is still limited and I am still in the process of learning. Hope to get a feedback. Thanks in advance.

Check the reciever dryer. It gets clogged and it cannot maintain high side pressure.

The capacitor? You mean the solenoid? That click when it turns on? It could be trying to run but a leak is not allowing to low side to drop. The air gets cool from 'latent heat of condensation rule' or something. It has a low and a high side. Put the gauges on it and see where your pressures are at.

It should have a sensor for when the pressure is too low that keeps the compressor from running..So if it runs it should be seeing pressure. Get some data with some gauges.

Last edited:
Hi guys. I just want to get other ideas and tips with regard to this problem. I have a 10 yr old carrier AC unit. Still performing best though it is a little bit old. But last week I noticed that the air coming out of this unit is a little bit warm. I changed the capacitor and still not resolve the issue. I also heard an ice cracking sound inside. What do you think is the problem? I am just started learning AC tech from the last 6 months, so my knowledge is still limited and I am still in the process of learning. Hope to get a feedback. Thanks in advance.
I think we're going to need a bigger boat......

The run capacitor helps the motor start. If you unit tries to start but quickly kicks out, it's probably due to the capacitor. If you are getting ice you have a different issue.

If the unit is running low on Freon, it will cause it not get cold enough to work efficiently. That will cause it to run extended periods of time, which can allow ice to form on the condenser coils, further impeding the cooling. Check the coils inside for a coating of ice. Check the pressures like the Beak said. Its a sure sign of low refrigerant level.

Depending on the age of the unit you'll have to determine if the refrigerant is readily available. Old units used Freon R22, which is no longer manufactured due to issues with ozone depletion. Newer units most likely use something like R410a which does not affect the ozone.

Last year, I replaced my old Bryant unit, that was installed in 1978. I could have had it charged with R22, at a very high price, but if a leak was developing, then it would have been totally wasted money.

Now, how is the poor AC operations causing issues with your singing, or did you just look for a post to tack on an air conditioning question? I have trouble singing when the air is too dry!

Back