Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Sorry, another how can I improve thread.

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Had a listen to 4 or 5 of your clips just now.

Good, round, balanced tone, imo. It carries the right vibe for the songs you are singing. I particularly liked "Why Worry".

I think that something to work on would be the higher notes. I can hear a slight faltering on those notes, and your tone comes in a smidgen late. That is symptomatic of low breath support.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kickingtone For This Useful Post:

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks
    All you singists? Buy a copy of the current (July) issue of Sound on Sound.

Dave.

Thanks
    Hi guys - it's been a while and I'm still trying

I'm really enjoying things musically at the moment. I'm constantly learning, and I'm even trying different genres of music - why? - because I want to really. I'm starting to get more into the mixing of the songs after I've recorded them - mastering I can't seem to understand - maybe because it's all about making small tweaks here-and-there, and I guess that the quality of my monitors, my ears, are not quite good enough so I personally don't see a difference after the mastering process (yes, I know it's not supposed to be majorly different but as my time is pretty limited, taking an hour to add a little bit of shine to a finished track doesn't do it for me. I'd prefer to spend that hour smashing out some more songs).

Anyway, This is one that I finished yesterday: Home Is Where It Starts by Random-Tangent | Random Tangent | Free Listening on SoundCloud

And last week I tried something completely different (mainly because I bought myself a AKAI MPK and wanted to play with it): True Love Flies by Random-Tangent | Random Tangent | Free Listening on SoundCloud

^^ both of these could do with some more 'work' but I tend to leave things pretty raw on purpose, as when I try and make some monumental masterpiece I just end up messing things up.

Amazingly looking at my soundcloud account my first track was 'published' 7 years ago Listening to some of the ones from so far back I don't know why I even thought that they sounded good enough for people to listen to. Drowned in reverb !!! I admit that I still do use reverb on all of my vocals, probably still too much, but it's like an addiction lol. I'm slowly removing it though.
    Last edited by witm8; 02-04-2019 at 06:39.
    https://soundcloud.com/tim-summers

Thanks
    I started a song over the weekend, and finally got around to finishing it last night. I was dangerously close to tinkering too much and killing it completely so I called it a day.

Please feel free to have a listen and critique - all feedback is good feedback.

I had a flick back through my soundcloud, it really is quite amazing how you change/grow over the years. Some of the tracks that I originally did just sound awful to my ears now - drowning in reverb was my biggest mistake.
    https://soundcloud.com/tim-summers

Thanks
    Really nice song. Singing was very nice. You’re still drowning a bit in reverb. Can you shorten the reverb tail about half way and lower the reverb in the mix? That would bring your voice more up front, which it deserves.

Thanks
    I agree with ladewd, to much reverb. Let us hear your voice, what I can hear sounds good and your phrasing is very good.
    “Clap for the Wolfman, he gonna rate your record high”

Thanks
    Man
    Your voice is on point
    Like really on point
    But you ask how you can
    "Up the vocal quality a bit more?"
    Fine
    but first I want to reiterate - you voice is so on point.

If you want an answer to how you can up your vocal quality - first Id see a recording engineer hah
    But
    If anything Id say on some of the lyrics (not chorus) Im hanging a little for something behind your voice
    Like that deep throaty oomph or the vocal gravel
    I say talk to a recording engineer
    But if youre trying to improve on just you in a bedroom with a guitar - Id just say vocal exercises man.
    And I dont know how much theyd help - or if you do them already... I mean your voice sounds on point.

If you want to look into that tho Id say google Erik Arcenaux.

Bravo bro
    Im still listening... On song 3 as I type - on point 😁

Thread Information