Sorry, another how can I improve thread.

Бережёного Бог бережёт.

and

Беда́ никогда́ не прихо́дит одна́.

God keeps those safe who keep themselves safe.

and

Trouble never comes alone.

I declined the language pack , but it looks like he is advertising video game skins?

Last edited:
Contrapuntally, it was exactly what the doctor ordered.

I was looking for russian greetings, I think those are russian proverbs though..oops.

Last edited:
I made the cardinal sin of mixing this one whist recording the separate parts - I think that I managed to kinda rescue it, but I'm not going back to the start now so I'm going to have to leave this as best I could.

Where did the seaguls sounds come from? I wanted eagle screams in my guitar solos. Suggestions?

Real smooth , you sound nice.

There are a number of 'F' words in this song, just letting you know

I had a bit of spare time, if there is such a thing, so thought that I'd try something out of my comfort zone and go off in a completely different direction

To be fair I have absolutely no idea how to mix/master a song like this as everything prior has been acoustic guitar stuff, but hey, if you don't try you'll never know what you're missing.

Any comments welcome.

Had some spare time over the weekend so tried (and nearly managed) to do something with an old acapella I had laying around from years ago. It was pretty fun making this as it was the first time working around just some random vox (which also needed sorting out all over the place).

Not a massive fan of Billie Eilish myself personally, but as she's one of the biggest recording artists at the moment, I kinda went down that route as obviously some people like her lol.

Last edited:
I've been trying something different recently - picking up an acapella, choosing a style, and trying to produce a piece of music to fit that genre. To be fair, it's super fun to do, very time consuming, but I can loose hours and hours.

Anyway - The wife suggested 'Justin Bieber' as a genre, which gave me cold sweats at first, but then I thought it'd be a laugh ............... so here it is:

Another one that I did a while ago was a Billie Eilish one:

Hi all,

I've been working on a song for the past couple of months, it's been at about 80% complete for ages now, and I finally got around to quickly mixing and mastering it last night so that I can move forward. Would be great to get some feedback - positive and negative as it's always good to learn.

I quite like the voice. For my taste we waited too long for the drums which were inevitably coming, and then they were a bit murky. You've got a nasty crackle at the end...... Joking aside, I'd dump it. Does nothing for the end product as it doesn't sound 'old' so why would you want to re-create record noise? The processed EQ on the voice fits the song well, I thought - so my best comment, to be totally ignored of course, is make the drums a bit more of a feature when they do arrive, and remove the pretend crackles - they don't enhance the product.

Back