Objective opinions on my singing

I don't know what "objective opinion" is, only subjective opinion. So...

Sounds like something funny is going on. The way you are singing with hardly any support to your breath, I am surprised that you stay on pitch like that...

So, what are you up to? :)

I don't know what "objective opinion" is, only subjective opinion. So...

Sounds like something funny is going on. The way you are singing with hardly any support to your breath, I am surprised that you stay on pitch like that...

So, what are you up to? :)

Haha, yeah, I run out of breath really quick even though I'm fairly fit. But I guess that doesn't go hand in hand with being able to control your breathing in singing. :D I need to work on it a ton for sure.
What do you mean with "Sounds like something funny is going on." and "What are you up to?" I'm not a native speaker, excuse me :D
As for what I meant with 'objective' opinion, I've mostly asked friends

What do you mean with "Sounds like something funny is going on." and "What are you up to?" I'm not a native speaker, excuse me :D
As for what I meant with 'objective' opinion, I've mostly asked friends

I mean that I would have expected the level of lack of breath support you are using would require some form of pitch correction processing afterwards, for it to stay on pitch.

And, well, I don't count my opinions as "objective". They are just opinions, like everybody else's.

The recording quality is poor. The mic technique is poor. The tone of the voice captured by the mic is poor. A decent mic and good recording technique and maybe Soundcloud vs a dictation site might reveal your voice to be good. We simply don't know because the defects in the recording put the recording out of context.

I mean that I would have expected the level of lack of breath support you are using would require some form of pitch correction processing afterwards, for it to stay on pitch.

And, well, I don't count my opinions as "objective". They are just opinions, like everybody else's.

Yeah, in the first recording I've just added the first part of the song again without actually singing it if that's what you are asking?

And Yeah [MENTION=1593]rob[/MENTION], that's all true, I'll try to see if I can get to post through soundcloud :D Can you tell me how exactly do I embed it ? I tried with the instructions but it didn't seem to work

Does the track need to be public on soundcloud for me to embed it here? I copy the code and paste it here:

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/468597459&color=%23ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true&visual=true"></iframe>

How do I need to post it for it to work ?

Last edited:
Your recording chain makes it really difficult to gauge how good your vocal performance is. It sounds like it was run through a telephony compressor (like Skype or a phone microphone).

That said, from what I can hear, the third one is probably the strongest. You sound kind of hesitant and halting on all three, but it matches the softness of falsetto better.

Back