I need a constructive detailed feedback on my records and singing please ??

AliceInMus

I need a constructive detailed feedback on my records and singing please ??

Hi everyone! I’m sorry I’m new to the forum and I’m not sure if I’m doing everything right and I won’t be banned in the end cuz I’m posting this second time. I need to get urgently a detailed enough feedback but I’m not allowed to post links yet. Anyone can help me with that? I need to put 2 certain songs, not just to tell my nickname on SoundCloud . How could I post my 2 songs here and get a feedback. (Timing, pitch, range, vocals specificities etc.)

The simplest is to stick it on Soundcloud and give us working search criteria - that's what most people do. If you really cannot do this, then send me a message with the links, and I will add them to this topic as I can post links. It's rare here for people to get banned unless they break the rules or just wind people up.

HOWEVER - what will happen is that people will be honest. Constructive feedback involves highlighting errors. We try to do it nicely, but it will expose your real level of achievement. Expect comments that say the guitar was out of tune, the voice is really uncontrolled/thin/warbly/or just plain bad. They won't be nasty, but they WILL be truthful. The tone of your post sounds almost desperate for a response, so make sure you can take the stuff that comes back.

Often - if you highlight the weak areas you already know about, and ask specific questions it helps people. For instance, if the vocal is merely there as a demo, for somebody else to sing and replace, people understand that. I sing, and I don't get offended when one of our tracks ends up with my voice replaced by one off the other guys - he can obviously do my part better - that's cool. If you are asking for a specific reason - tell us that too. As in, my friends say I have a great voice but somebody has told me that I sound awful - are they right? Remember that responses here are usually honest, and made to strangers with no axe to grind. Send me the links. R

Post just the soundcloud share link without the https:// part in front. That should escape the link check.

Nice voice.

I didn't listen to every track from beginning to end, but quick thoughts:

Some pitch issues here and there, and some of it sounds like you're right on top of the mic without the best technique, or it needs a fair amount of editing - breath sounds and plosives are more noticeable than I'd want in a finished track.

I don't know how/where you recorded them but maybe a good pop filter and just step back from the mic a tiny bit. And maybe the breathiness is intended, since I heard hints of a fuller voice in there, but it sounded a little like it lacked support (my non-vocalist guess).

I sure would keep singing with what you demo'd here! Thanks.

Thank you so much!! ?? Breathe sounds is my problem indeed ? how would I avoid it? Cuz when I’m singing I don’t notice that I do it ??*♀️

More critics please!

I’d love to get some more critique please ?? Especially and certainly on the vocals, cuz I know I have some recording quality issues. Please!

Thank you so much!! Breathe sounds is my problem indeed - how would I avoid it? Cuz when I’m singing I don’t notice that I do it *♀️
Well, the simplest thing to do is to just turn your head slightly when you take those big inhales, and as I suggested, experiment with controlling the distance a bit so you only get close to the mic on those small/intimate parts, and that's where you really have to watch it.

Of course, a lot of that can be fixed with editing, but you don't want to make the mixing person crazy having to automate every single breath. Cutting them out or using a gate is very hard to do and still end up with a natural sounding vocal track IMO. And, again IMO, there's going to almost always need to be some editing when you capture an up close vocal like much of what you demo here. Just try to minimize that by using distance and angle to the mic, much as you would for a loud part. It's just something to become aware of and practice, really.

Compression done without any editing (or perhaps done wrong) can make it sound worse, too.

Gave a quick listen. Sounds to me like you are using way too much compression on the vocal track. Lips smacks, breathing, tongue noises are all as loud as your voice. Editing them out won't work because most of it happens when you're singing.

Dial back the compression and work on your mic technique.

Iv got it. Thank u so much ?? To be honest I record it all using earphones. Also perfomancing on video is bit harder than when recording on audio, because there I can be focused more on singing. Almost all of my records I made on video, like these 2 that I posted, I had to convert them then.

I know the sound would be different if I sing with a normal mic plus pop fix , I did record at studio when I was young and fresh lol Thank you anyway! I understand what you mean exactly, I appreciate it. How about vocals, song delivery and these kind of things though?

Last edited:
What kind of mic are you using? Your voices are darn good. You need to learn how to to work the microphone to not over power the backing tracks. Yes , there is some breathiness and plosives , but that can be fixed in edits. Pop screen filter and learn how to work the mic to your advantage. I'm hope you didn't use any kind of auto tune. It's not needed if you're a good singer,

Hi and thank you so much for your comment! ?? Iv got it all! Well, I’m singing with earphones in the app called Smule. Those 2 songs were recorded there as videos and then I converted them into mp4 files. According to auto tune, no there is no auto tune option there on smule app but there are some filters, but I always use only one filter as most of all of the other people do there, which is Super Studio filter , that if you adjust it it brings kinda let’s call it “a feeling of singing in a bathroom” and some echo to the record (little echo or much of echo - you can adjust it all there yourself) . I don’t have a normal professional mic at home (unfortunately). I’m looking forward to get it though!

But I feel there is also smth wrong with my vocals exactly, I feel they are weak and not stable, not confident I’d say. What did you feel when you were listening to the recording?

I think you SOOUND FANtastic!!! learn to work the mic as in reducing plosives inhalations, etc., that is all experiential

the ONLY critique I would say would be DICTION...if english is not your native tongue....this is understandable....pull in the idea of OPENING the jaw/mouth more so as to PRONOUNCE so as to be understood MORE CLEARLY

but you have a Natural LUSH inviting voice!! Bravah!!!

Aw thank you!! ❤️ I find my voice weak to be honest, I wish it to be more powerful and sound was more rounded, but when I want to add power to my voice I hear it sounds kinda sharp and squeezed, I’m not sure how to explain it exactly ? I didn’t notice my pronunciation is not good, I’ll focus on it more! Thank you so much for taking your time and giving me a feedback ??

Back