Here goes...

Sounds pitchy to me. The guitar is overpowering the notes you are singing in falsetto and this is maybe giving the impression of pitchiness. That, or you are actually "reaching" when you get to the higher notes. Either way, I think that the guitar is too strong relative to your vocals (on those notes, only).

Frank, the voice sounds good, on pitch and good tone. Definitely more powerful/sure/conversational in the lower portions of the melody, but not squeaky/reachy to me on the higher portions. Not sure how much in this clip is actual falsetto, maybe one or two notes. Also I wonder if you are playing/singing at the same time. Anyway, here in "how's the voice sound/can I sing?" sounds good. Lyrics are good, too, though I'd leave the "nose" section out. But that's just me.

He is going in and out of falsetto, throughout the song. It gives the song a good dynamic, imo, but it is not an easy thing to get right, especially against the constant solid tone of the guitar, which doesn't seem to be following the same to-and-fro dynamic of lightening and consolidating. What he is doing is more complicated than you imagine. I think he has to get the transition from "chest voice" to "mix" and "falsetto" a bit smoother. It sounds to me as if he sometimes hasn't decided which mode he will sing each note in, and therefore the tone isn't balanced, especially where the changes are all happening quickly.

He is going in and out of falsetto, throughout the song. It gives the song a good dynamic, imo, but it is not an easy thing to get right, especially against the constant solid tone of the guitar, which doesn't seem to be following the same to-and-fro dynamic of lightening and consolidating.... I think he has to get the transition from "chest voice" to "mix" and "falsetto" a bit smoother. It sounds to me as if he sometimes hasn't decided which mode he will sing each note in, and therefore the tone isn't balanced, especially where the changes are all happening quickly.

Kickingtone, I agree with what you're saying overall, and I think these would be good things for F. to work on as well. He does have a good tone/sound overall to me with good potential.

Back