Does this sound okay or just plain silly?

CrowsofFritz

Flamingo!
Hello all,

I'm back once again. My friends and I want to do a Beatles cover band so we can get free beer at the local brewery :D So, I'll be lurking around here more now. We thought it would be fun, and the worst the can happen? We have fun sucking bad.

Anyway, here's my recording of "Oh! Darling"

View attachment Oh darling.mp3

Now, here's what I think of my own voice:

It's certainly a lot better than it was 4 years ago lol, and it's definitely "Getting Better" :laughings:

But in all seriousness, I am not doing myself any favors by singing an incredibly difficult Beatles song. It's just not fair that Paul can belt in chest voice with notes like a freaking D5.

I think the verse I sung sounds okay, though it's a tiny bit pitchy. What I'm wondering most is what you think of that transition between verse and chorus. I think it sounds a little funny. Once I listen to the chorus a bit more, it sounds okay, but I think it's just strange to go from full chest voice to head mix. I just can't sing the chorus in my chest voice lol

I thought it sounded fine. The falsetto part at the end was pretty iffy, so I'd suggest going lower there or keep practicing it.

LOL there was another thread where someone commented he wanted to know what the singer thought of his own voice before singing, so I followed that advice.

Guess I just can't win! *shrugs*

Anyway, thanks!

LOL there was another thread where someone commented he wanted to know what the singer thought of his own voice before singing, so I followed that advice.

That was me who said that...............and for the life of me I don't understand what you mean by "guess I just can't win!". If you mean I or we didn't get back to you quickly.........sorry about that but life takes time. And yes...........I think it was great that you added your own opinion of your efforts / singing to your OP. So many people ask but don't say what they think about their own singing. Anyway..........I too thought you sounded fine and was also thinking.........man.......he chose to cover not only a classic voice and song..............but an extremely difficult one to boot!! All in all.......I think some practice on the song might get you right there. So....good job!

That was me who said that...............and for the life of me I don't understand what you mean by "guess I just can't win!". If you mean I or we didn't get back to you quickly.........sorry about that but life takes time. And yes...........I think it was great that you added your own opinion of your efforts / singing to your OP. So many people ask but don't say what they think about their own singing. Anyway..........I too thought you sounded fine and was also thinking.........man.......he chose to cover not only a classic voice and song..............but an extremely difficult one to boot!! All in all.......I think some practice on the song might get you right there. So....good job!

Thanks man! When I read the email, there was a comment saying something along the lines of "why did you post here if you already have an opinion of how you feel?"

That comment is no longer here so now I just feel silly for replying to it lol.

Will definitely keep practicing!

Oh darling, please believe me. I'll never do you no harm. Believe me when I tell you, I think it sounds just fine. Though, I agree with Nola about the falsetto. Sounds less squeaky than myself, though. That's always a good thing.

I have heard worse falsetto on this piece. One band I heard did a great job of modulating down when then got to this section. Really made it possible for the singer to sing it, sounded great. You can get by with your falsetto, but if you can get the band to work in a nice clean modulation.. it really opens up the sound and shows musical talent.

Back