Do I suck? Need honest opinions

ha!ha! you suck at uploading. The audio cuts out at a around a minute and a half. :facepalm:

Anyway, that may be youtube getting the audio length wrong...

"another place, where the faces are so cold. Drive all night" sounds out of pitch to me. And there are some other pitch issues in my opinion.

You may wish to make the backing track a touch louder. And if youtube is getting the audio length wrong, you may wish to use soundcloud or vocaroo, and post just the audio, instead of video.

Keep at it. Sky's the limit. :thumbs up:

ha!ha! you suck at uploading. The audio cuts out at a around a minute and a half. :facepalm:

Anyway, that may be youtube getting the audio length wrong...

"another place, where the faces are so cold. Drive all night" sounds out of pitch to me. And there are some other pitch issues in my opinion.

You may wish to make the backing track a touch louder. And if youtube is getting the audio length wrong, you may wish to use soundcloud or vocaroo, and post just the audio, instead of video.

Keep at it. Sky's the limit. :thumbs up:

Thanks for the advice! So you dont think my voice sounds unbearable to listen to? thanks

So you dont think my voice sounds unbearable to listen to? thanks

I wouldn't worry about that. You have potential.

The mood of your singing, here, is very different to that of the backing track. The backing track sounds more urgent and plaintive, while yours sounds more laid back and reflective, which is absolutely fine. It's all about bringing out what is unique in your interpretation and vocals.

Your voice sounds untrained in terms of pitch and projection. That is something that can improve very rapidly, by posting and getting feedback. There is also a lot of online material on singing from the diaphragm, etc.

IMO, the best part of your vocals is "sometimes you tell the day, by the bottle that you drink." The pitch sounds good, the projection is better, and you sound more relaxed and confident. This technical side is really important, because nobody will pay attention to how your voice sounds if they are confused by errors in pitch.

Stick at it. I look forward to listening to your next clip.

Back