Can I sing? Should I continue singing?

I've uploaded three songs with backing tracks. The tracks may be a little unsynchronised with the voice as I added the track in audacity. I'm not a performer, I just want to know if I can sing and if with more practice I could maybe get to a level that would allow me to perform at least at my school's Christmas show. Thanks!

Church Backtrack by Hiddentypes | Free Listening on SoundCloud

SkyFall Backingtrack by Hiddentypes | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Deep Purple by Hiddentypes | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Seems like I've heard your voice here on this forum before. Maybe not. In any case..........you need some work. You're not ready for public singing.........yet. With some time....effort and training I think you could learn and get to an acceptable level or better. The tone and clarity of your voice is ok.............so you do have a chance to get where you want to go.

Seems like I've heard your voice here on this forum before. Maybe not. In any case..........you need some work. You're not ready for public singing.........yet. With some time....effort and training I think you could learn and get to an acceptable level or better. The tone and clarity of your voice is ok.............so you do have a chance to get where you want to go.

Thanks for you feedback! I was wondering if you could also give me some advice on how to improve my voice, technique etc. Getting a teacher is not a possibility where I'm from...
Also, my range is, I think, G2-C5 with falsetto ( which is pretty useless as it sounds terrible because it cracks A LOT ). I thought that maybe the songs I chose are not fit for me? I don't know, just if you have any song recommendation that you think would fit my voice, I'm open to suggestions.

Ooh, and maybe I'll upload some cover of some song in my native language for you to give me some feedback, if that's ok with you. Maybe it will better...

Thanks!

Can't tell if you would make the charts with it, but it shure has something.
It ain't bad at all. It's to be listened with pleasure. Not annoying. Tones and timing are right.
Search for songs and styles of music that fit your voice. I think you would do super on rougher styles like softrock and blues and so.

For sure i've heard horrible singers which were still having fun and were proud on their performances.
Even heard several professional famous hitsong singers who sound worse. For real!
Your voice sounds good so why stop?

For sure i sound much worse when singing. I'm jealous.

Last edited:
Can't tell if you would make the charts with it, but it shure has something.
It ain't bad at all. It's to be listened with pleasure. Not annoying. Tones and timing are right.
Search for songs and styles of music that fit your voice. I think you would do super on rougher styles like softrock and blues and so.

For sure i've heard horrible singers which were still having fun and were proud on their performances.
Even heard several professional famous hitsong singers who sound worse. For real!
Your voice sounds good so why stop?

For sure i sound much worse when singing. I'm jealous.

Haha, thanks for you response. I don't want to make the charts, I just want to sing with my friends and if my voice allows it, get better at it ( that's why I was asking if I could sing not like a professional but just sing, even if it mean barely ).

Haha, thanks for you response. I don't want to make the charts, I just want to sing with my friends and if my voice allows it, get better at it ( that's why I was asking if I could sing not like a professional but just sing, even if it mean barely ).

Don't stop. Have fun with your friend. Enjoy!!

Not acapella, but with a band, yeah I think you could.

Those tracks you posted were all such horrible recordings it's hard to say much else.

Back