Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What drives you crazy about tutorial videos?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I hate inconsistency in the "instruction" videos. They'll talk about how they use a particular plugin for a particular thing and explain why they use it, usually because someone ELSE told them to. Then 10 videos down the road, they've suddenly changed how they use that particular plugin, or they use a different plugin altogether to achieve the same result except they NEVER MENTION THAT 10 VIDEOS AGO THEY TOLD YOU SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT! I won't mention any particular names but that particularly annoys me. If they are that wishy-washy, they shouldn't be taking people's money for their videos and "instructions."

Friends don't let friends mix drunk...
    You can lead a horse to water... but he has to put on his own scuba gear...
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...
    I like the tempo but I don't like the beat. I give it a 6, Dick...

Thanks
    I'm gonna make a tutorial video about posting on forums like HR. I will start with 'Hi Guys' and then spend 20 minutes talking about myself before (without edits) ending with 'do what the fuck ever you want'. Followed by' Welcome to the forum'.

And by the way, go fuck yourself! LMAO!

I kid, I kid...
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alterman View Post
    Don't you like Marty?

"I'm going to teach you how to play that cover. I got the idea because i was shopping two months ago and saw a nice shirt. As my friend disagreed with me i had to call my mom for advice. Before i could ask she told me that my uncle was at his work were a machine collapsed because the service man couldn't come as his wife cheated on him with his neighbour who's wife ran away with .......because............................................................. so now i'm going to tell you how to play it. I will do that on this instrument i found 10 years ago when i was on vacation in ..... We didn't have that good weather as we expected so we went shopping. While shopping i saw a nice .................................................................... "

Their tracks are always, always polished BEFORE they start polishing them - they do not sound like real home recorded tracks!

Thanks
    1: Usually the voice,
    2: The ego inflating attitude.
    3:the often miss-information due to item 2.

However I have found some videos very helpful especially when I have to work on strange or new equipment and I need to know things quickly. By the way I am usually an operating manual reader.

Alan.

Thanks
    Bugs me when they don't properly A/B something, or give really short samples of whatever it is they're comparing or highlighting. Everyone say's what's up guys... come on! You're not going to find many videos where the creator isn't trying to be personable...it's YouTube, that's what they do.
    "No healthy person waits in line with a slew of geriatrics on a Sunday morning for pancakes" - RFR https://soundcloud.com/andrushkiwt

Thanks
    If they say "what's up guys?" I watch no further unless I really need to. It's casual switch off start for me. Hate it! Exactly like emails that start "hey!"

First impressions really count.

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks
    Well NOW? This thread! Heh! My fault I thought it was about things in general not YT ***t and I wanted an excuse to rant on about Windows 10. Just taken delivery of a Lenovo T430. Nice wee thing, Xmas prezzy for son but! Going through the W10 setup procedure drove me nuts.

On YT generally? If I want to learn something I never use videos. Mainly for all the reasons above. I am an old fekker and can READ!

Not a "teacher" (daughter is and son teaches guitar) but I spent a good 10 years installing and demonstrating/training Joe Public on TVs and VCRs.

Thus I have infinite patience, hide of an elephant and am moron immune.

Dave.

Thread Information