Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ringing ears...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 890 Posts
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by guillaume1086 View Post

I'm so jealous that some people can listen to super high volumes for a lifetime and never have any problem... fate!
    Really...?...like who for instance?
    I've never heard of that...and anyone claiming that their hearing is perfect after a lifetime of hearing loud volumes...is either lying or they don't realize how much they have lost.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by guillaume1086 View Post
    And does the fact that you only hear restricted frequencies seem like an obstacle to the good rendering of your work? Is that a cause of limitations? That's what I'm truly concerned about....
    ...Is that a cause of limitations?...
    Most definitely, but at this point I have to work with it. I hope to eventually get some good feedback here in the Clinic which will correct for that to some degree.

...Also at what age did you start hearing tinnitus?...
    The ringing became somewhat permanent at the age of 40 from loud headphone sessions.

...but sometimes when you're so implied in a mix you forget everything and it's hard to be reasonable...
    That's what got me.. I'd be "under the influence" and really getting into the mixing, just kept turning it up - then cranking it again when listening back to the CD or cassette.
    Failure - - the path of least persistence
    And, uh, oh - hire a decorator to come in here quick, 'cause... DAMN.

Thanks
    A little late into this thread, but such is life. I've noticed a ringing in my ears, but I'm of an age it will happen, so who knows. Just to put it out there, I've had a Chiropractor tell me it can sometimes be related to your neck vertebra and connected muscles. If you have a tense neck, this could be part of the issue.
    I have back issues that I will be going into physical and orthopedic therapy in a week or two, so I'm going to find out if those people agree with this. I know all professionals have their opinions on what causes things in the body. Some are quacks and it's our job as patients to weed these out for ourselves.
    I'm rambling now, so I'll stop.
    Music ~ the International Language

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks
    I don't think Tinnitus is an inevitable consequence of aging? I shall be 75 in a month and have mercifully been spared the affliction.

I AM clinically deaf. Had the tests. 20dB down at 2kHz on 'normal' for my age (then about 55) and then off a cliff. Most of the top string of a violin is lost to me as is the last octave and bit of a grand piano, I just hear a 'clunk'. But I can still enjoy music. I do not however make comments in forums about people's recording attempts. (well, gross errors like hums and noise spikes I do but then I can use Right Mark to illustrate them as well).

My deafness causes me little trouble save people on the phone that are either 10dB or more lower than official level, have a heavy accent (not RP IYSWIM) and or speak too fast. (company!! I have been holding now for 20 minutes! I have been listening to your crappy music and endless 'covid excuses' NOW that I have a homo sapiens on the line, do the decent thing, slow down and give at least a bit of YOUR time having wasted much of mine!)

Dave.

Thanks
    How do you sleep? How much do you sleep? If you sleep bad or too little, it could be for that. If you don't sleep well, you can take one or two melatonin tablets.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ecc83 View Post
    I don't think Tinnitus is an inevitable consequence of aging? I shall be 75 in a month and have mercifully been spared the affliction.

I AM clinically deaf. Had the tests. 20dB down at 2kHz on 'normal' for my age (then about 55) and then off a cliff. Most of the top string of a violin is lost to me as is the last octave and bit of a grand piano, I just hear a 'clunk'. But I can still enjoy music. I do not however make comments in forums about people's recording attempts. (well, gross errors like hums and noise spikes I do but then I can use Right Mark to illustrate them as well). ...
    Very interesting. I pretty much assumed loss in hearing = damage via high SPLs, tinnitus being the result. (Typically, I understand disease can be among the causes?)
    Placebo stomps 96k ....... Recent projects
    Ray Catfish Copeland 'Got Love Jim Goodman 'Southern Steel

Thanks
    Certainly, there are multiple causes. I recently spent 4 days in Las Vegas NV. Temperatures were 97-99F with a dew point of 14. When I left, my ears were clear with minimal to no ringing at all. I returned home to Kentucky with temps in the 75-80F range but dewpoints of 65, and a relative humidity of 80+%. After 4 days, my sinus are plugged again, and my ears are ringing. Sinus issues are very common in this part of the country.

Its worse in my right ear, which seemed to begin when I had cancer surgery and radiation treatments some 12 years ago on the right side of my face. Its something I learned to tolerate, and certainly it is preferable to the alternative!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TalismanRich For This Useful Post:

Thread Information