Making NO promises..

ecc83

But, in the next six months or so my life could be rather easier in terms of spare time and the energy I can find for other things.

I have long considered offering a service on a VERY small scale of building those small, special gadgets that seem beyond most people now but are in fact quite easy to make.

An example is a current thread where a guy really needs a 10k stereo pot in a tin with 1x 3.5mm jack in and 2X 6.35mm jacks out.

Whilst not being in any way a "commercial" operation I would like to make a decent return on my time as I am saving up for a pair of Result Sixes!

Dave.

Obviously you're just itching to find a reason to fire up your soldering iron and smell the smoking flux! :laughings:

It amazes me that so few youngsters these days know what a soldering iron is. Everything today is prepackaged, wave soldered and encased in a plastic box. If it stops working, throw it away and buy another!

Obviously you're just itching to find a reason to fire up your soldering iron and smell the smoking flux! :laughings:

It amazes me that so few youngsters these days know what a soldering iron is. Everything today is prepackaged, wave soldered and encased in a plastic box. If it stops working, throw it away and buy another!

Well, er, not quite! Soldering for me is now quite a strain with only one eye with central vision but I guess I shall get better with practice. My POSSIBLE future offer is based on two factors,
1) I do want to be of help to those that have a problem but are not capable of making the kit.
2) I DO want to supplement my income and get those monitors! Factors beyond my control mean we are now some £55 a week worse off and in the not too distant future another £100 per week will be stopped.

NOT! Complaining! Even with that loss I have no financial problems provided I continue my careful existence. Once the £2k for the new jam jar is paid off I should still stay 'comfortable' but blowing another two bags on speakers will take some saving up for.

Dave.

Greetings Dave!
Your post intreages me..
To Industial electronic soldering specs I have done over 5 million confirmed good solder joints!
I can confidently say that I am an Industrial Electronics Solding Master.
I would be honored to add to your expertise with any tips or advice that may help you!!
(sundays are best) Rich S

Back