Thread: Making NO promises..

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks

Making NO promises..

Sign in to disable this ad
    But, in the next six months or so my life could be rather easier in terms of spare time and the energy I can find for other things.

I have long considered offering a service on a VERY small scale of building those small, special gadgets that seem beyond most people now but are in fact quite easy to make.

An example is a current thread where a guy really needs a 10k stereo pot in a tin with 1x 3.5mm jack in and 2X 6.35mm jacks out.

Whilst not being in any way a "commercial" operation I would like to make a decent return on my time as I am saving up for a pair of Result Sixes!

Dave.

Thanks
    Obviously you're just itching to find a reason to fire up your soldering iron and smell the smoking flux!

It amazes me that so few youngsters these days know what a soldering iron is. Everything today is prepackaged, wave soldered and encased in a plastic box. If it stops working, throw it away and buy another!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TalismanRich View Post
    Obviously you're just itching to find a reason to fire up your soldering iron and smell the smoking flux!

It amazes me that so few youngsters these days know what a soldering iron is. Everything today is prepackaged, wave soldered and encased in a plastic box. If it stops working, throw it away and buy another!
    Well, er, not quite! Soldering for me is now quite a strain with only one eye with central vision but I guess I shall get better with practice. My POSSIBLE future offer is based on two factors,
    1) I do want to be of help to those that have a problem but are not capable of making the kit.
    2) I DO want to supplement my income and get those monitors! Factors beyond my control mean we are now some 55 a week worse off and in the not too distant future another 100 per week will be stopped.

NOT! Complaining! Even with that loss I have no financial problems provided I continue my careful existence. Once the 2k for the new jam jar is paid off I should still stay 'comfortable' but blowing another two bags on speakers will take some saving up for.

Dave.

Thanks
    Greetings Dave!
    Your post intreages me..
    To Industial electronic soldering specs I have done over 5 million confirmed good solder joints!
    I can confidently say that I am an Industrial Electronics Solding Master.
    I would be honored to add to your expertise with any tips or advice that may help you!!
    (sundays are best) Rich S

-Analog guy in a digital world-

Thanks
    Do you want to do it on a larger scale?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Santis View Post
    Do you want to do it on a larger scale?
    Good heavens no!

Dave.

Thread Information