International crowd

spantini

COO of me, inc.
There's a new thread in Digital by someone who's native language is French and he's posted in American/English. I have read more than a few such posts here in which the OP will apologize for their poor English. I got to wondering if it wouldn't be easier for them to post in their native language and we could translate it on our end. I don't think there is a translator on this site, but I could copy paste it to Google's translator and probably get a decent version of the post.

That's a bit complicated. Any chance a translator could be embedded as a tool here?

Reason for Editing : added missing word

Last edited:
Morning Spans!

I have read and replied to the "French MIDI" guy and you will I think see that I found his English no problem. His error was that of ALL noobs, no makes and models!

As to the wider language issue? No, I certainly don't think people should post in their native language for several reasons,..

1) Many here will simply ignore a post they cannot immediately understand.
2) No matter how good the translation, something is lost or misinterpreted, this is especially true of technical words. I for instance have a tiny smattering of French, my son lives there and is fluent but neither of us have a clue what "Digital Audio Workstation" is en fracais!

And 3, Like it or not rest of World, English IS the most common language in use (especially I bet among scientists and engineers?) Air Traffic is all in English I understand? So, people really want to become proficient in "our" language (despite the mangling YOUS guys give it over there!) and what better way than to work through a complex, technical matter with some well informed and very nice people?

Dave.

The limited experience I have with auto-translation showed it more as a source of amusement than a useful tool.
We ended up removing it (game-servers) and requesting English chat only.

Edit: Dave, go easy. Your guys's is trying. ;)

The limited experience I have with auto-translation showed it more as a source of amusement than a useful tool.
We ended up removing it (game-servers) and requesting English chat only.

Edit: Dave, go easy. Your guys's is trying. ;)

is "your guy" the OP mate? If so either I have put something over much stronger than I intended or you have misunderstood me?
Can you shown me were I am "not easy" please?

Dave.

Ah! Jusfort! DO you mean my dig at our colonial friends? I am sure they will take that on the chin? In anycase "they" actually speak a form of English that is probably closer to the "original" than we use today.

It's just parts of a cars and valves they keep getting wrong!

Dave.

is "your guy" the OP mate? If so either I have put something over much stronger than I intended or you have misunderstood me?
Can you shown me were I am "not easy" please?

Dave.

Whoa, it's all good. I was joining in your joke.
The number of times I've heard a US youtuber say "your guyses" instead of just "your"...
It physically hurts me.

If you disagree, I'd love to hear your guyses thoughts. :facepalm:

HAHA! I in particular love the diversity. I do tend to lose some of the dialect when it comes to Sir Dave (ecc83). Sometimes I just say to myself 'what the fuck is he talking about'... LOL!

No offense at all man! <3

South Jersey and South Philly need to start paying a tax or coming up with their own language.
Your fu**king guyses? :facepalm:

They did! :D And what is it with youz guys over in the UK?? Youz wanna put a tax on everything! We broke away fron the monarchy a long time ago, dontcha remember?

And besides, you ain't got the lingo right.

:D :D

They did! :D And what is it with youz guys over in the UK?? Youz wanna put a tax on everything! We broke away fron the monarchy a long time ago, dontcha remember?

And besides, you ain't got the lingo right.

:D :D

What? Like Aluminium? (and you can't even get THAT right!) And no, The Call has not YET come from the Palace so I remain a simple esquire. Mind you, I don't have a lot of time for the monarchy anyway! Rather parasitic IMHO.

Caught a few minutes of a TV prog about the appalling state of many of our prisons yesterday. Come on Queeny! These people are "detained at YOUR pleasure". Never mind privatizing the prison service, how about selling off Buck House Ltd and giving the profits to the prisons?....Except of course, ALL privatization does is make things worse, more expensive and gives billions to tax havens.

(sorry for the OT rant!)

Dave (a humble SUBJECT note? NOT a citizen)

What? Like Aluminium? (and you can't even get THAT right!)

I know how to pronounce it in both language versions. :D

Brit,
Alu - minium

Yamk,
Alum -inum

And yes the monarchy is a bit of a drain, but aren't they all?

Any gov't is a bit like a benevolent street thug. They'll steal your money, but let you keep just enough for bus fare home. :D

They did! :D

Oh,lol, I thought you quoted me! Misread it.
Heh...It's a pet hate of mine. Some youtuber insists on saying 'I love hearing your guys's feedback' - pronounced guises - and every time I'm like "IT'S YOUR!"
That's not even pronunciation or dialect. That's just plain wrong. :P

Oh,lol, I thought you quoted me! Misread it.
Heh...It's a pet hate of mine. Some youtuber insists on saying 'I love hearing your guys's feedback' - pronounced guises - and every time I'm like "IT'S YOUR!"
That's not even pronunciation or dialect. That's just plain wrong. :P

Well that youtuber is just a fucking moron. :D
(To borrow some verbiage from the great comedian Steve Hughes )

Back