Interesting articles

Haha! I had this house on the side of a hill with the road down below. It was great fun tossing unwanted items off the deck and watching them destruct upon impact. Better than any form of therapy. :D
Of course after the fun was over, you went down and put whatever it was in the trash. Bulky busted up items usually fit better in the bins.

Trust me, after months of the commodore 64 making me insane, there was instant release of all pent up frustrations.
:D

"All music sounds the same" is the first mistake, because it is manifestly not the case, unless you have a very narrow range of material you listen to.

You could make the same claim about the mersey sound or tamla motown.

I don't compare mine to other's, except when someone asks me what kind of music I play - then I throw out a few names that are close to some of my stuff. I don't consciously copy styles of music, but being a bass player I do try to emulate specific bass guitar sounds. I pretty much do my own thing when I'm writing.

Now I do happen to like the old Motown 'wall of sound' and have some creative ideas along those lines for the future, but that would be for one or two songs.

That Forbes article was good. I like how he gave Gibson a little jab saying their woes were brought on by themselves. Nice to know Fender will probably be around for a good while, anyway. After reading, I slipped on over to the shop.fender.com site to have a look at their California Series. I can't say I much care for the finishes, but the products sound nice enough and I like the electric neck/Strat head combo on the acoustic bodies. Decent pricing, too. Next trip up to GC I'm going to check one out - if it's there.

Back