How to avoid a bad music producer, and how to choose the right one

The reason I wouldn't work with you Raz, or listen to your tips, is that if you can't be bothered running your pearls of wisdom past either a spell check program, or better still, a real live proofreader, then what sort of attention to detail are you going to have behind the desk?

You might well be the greatest thing in music production since sliced bread.... I don't know... but if this is your public face, your website, which you're trying to use to attract paying clients, then it just comes across as amateur hour.

There's got to be a dozen spelling errors, some clearly, clearly, clearly just lazy mistyping, on that page. What does that say to your potential paying clients?

You want them to pay you for professional services, perhaps you should consider paying someone else to sort your website out.:thumbs up:

Well, considering what his solution to every recording situation is, I'm sure all he has to do is replace those words with sampled words. :D

Last edited:
So like...what's the takeaway here...?

To avoid a bad producer, just run a spellchecker on his website...?

:D

Thats funny!

In los angeles, none of that matters.
A good producer will have work based on word of mouth.
lots of musicians all interconnected.
As big as the community is, and as big as La is, it's a small world

Surely promoting your website/blog should go into the promotion/publicity section?

Please get a proof reader.

Oh my. I don't want to pile on, but seriously, clean up your site. The spelling errors, grammar and punctuation issues are just bad form.

Well, considering what his solution to every recording situation is, I'm sure all he has to do is replace those words with sampled words. :D

I know a guy down the road from me that runs a small professional sound studio. He says that when doing drum tracks to just record your drumset, and then plug in sample sounds where your kit's sounds are. NO! JUST NO! If you can't get a good sound from your own kit, get a better kit. lol.

Though, What am I saying? I've only been doing this for about three months. He's been doing it for over 20 years.

I've spammed my site, but people got actual free stuff from visiting. I don't know who this guy is and that's why his words aren't really worth much.

Back