Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Great Tactics and Techniques From Graham Cochrane

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0

    Great Tactics and Techniques From Graham Cochrane

    Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi, guys!

    Great tips from the master himself. Graham Cochrane talks about his tactics and techniques on growing your fan base, dealing with struggles, getting out of creative ruts and much more.

    I think this can be really helpful and stuff you can actually apply to your own work, I know for me it was!

    Check it out below and let me know what you think in the comments below.

    Graham Cochrane - From Food Stamps To Success — Your Audio Solutions

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Narf City, USA
    Posts
    3,012
    Thanks
    498
    Thanked 153 Times in 142 Posts
    Rep Power
    3962596
    Quote Originally Posted by NiclasJ View Post
    Hi, guys!

    Great tips from the master himself. Graham Cochrane talks about his tactics and techniques on growing your fan base, dealing with struggles, getting out of creative ruts and much more.

    I think this can be really helpful and stuff you can actually apply to your own work, I know for me it was!
    What specifically about his interview/talk inspired and/or helped you? What measure of success did you achieve as a direct result?
    The Boogeymen
    www.the-boogeymen.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    4,345
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 554 Times in 498 Posts
    Rep Power
    8226773
    Sounds more like promotion for Graham to me.

    I like some of his stuff. His videos have helped me figure some protools stuff out. I like his philosophy of creativity bring paramount, and that one can make music with minimal gear. All good stuff.
    But make no mistake, he's a salesman. He's there to sell, and what he has to sell is his knowledge to new people starting out.
    To me, real education comes in the real world.


    I think he's doing just fine on his own without any additional promotion from new guys coming onto this forum.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RFR View Post
    Sounds more like promotion for Graham to me.

    I like some of his stuff. His videos have helped me figure some protools stuff out. I like his philosophy of creativity bring paramount, and that one can make music with minimal gear. All good stuff.
    But make no mistake, he's a salesman. He's there to sell, and what he has to sell is his knowledge to new people starting out.
    To me, real education comes in the real world.


    I think he's doing just fine on his own without any additional promotion from new guys coming onto this forum.

    Thanks for your input.

    Don't know how it's promotion for Graham since the information can be helpful to a lot of people

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
    What specifically about his interview/talk inspired and/or helped you? What measure of success did you achieve as a direct result?
    Hi man,

    There's tons of stuff. I think one of the highlights are that you got to be patient, great things takes time. Work Smart and Strategic, rather than "Hustling".

    He also talks about how to grow your client base and much more.

    If you apply these techniques you will see great improvement over time rather than right now.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    4,345
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 554 Times in 498 Posts
    Rep Power
    8226773
    Quote Originally Posted by NiclasJ View Post
    Thanks for your input.

    Don't know how it's promotion for Graham since the information can be helpful to a lot of people
    Sorry. New people pitching something are always suspect. We're a cynical bunch.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Narf City, USA
    Posts
    3,012
    Thanks
    498
    Thanked 153 Times in 142 Posts
    Rep Power
    3962596
    Quote Originally Posted by NiclasJ View Post
    Hi man,

    There's tons of stuff. I think one of the highlights are that you got to be patient, great things takes time. Work Smart and Strategic, rather than "Hustling".

    He also talks about how to grow your client base and much more.

    If you apply these techniques you will see great improvement over time rather than right now.
    How did you apply his talk to your life/musical pursuits? How has it paid off (as-in, what tangible benefit have you received) as a result of this interview? You said it helped you, how specifically?
    The Boogeymen
    www.the-boogeymen.com

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    496
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Rep Power
    377172
    Quote Originally Posted by RFR View Post
    Sorry. New people pitching something are always suspect. We're a cynical bunch.
    Well, at least Graham understands you have to give some to get some...
    MB Pro, FF400, AKG C451-C1/CK8, NT1, B5, MD21, Korg RC168, DEQ830, ADA8000...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RFR View Post
    Sorry. New people pitching something are always suspect. We're a cynical bunch.
    Haha, that's understandable man

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
    How did you apply his talk to your life/musical pursuits? How has it paid off (as-in, what tangible benefit have you received) as a result of this interview? You said it helped you, how specifically?
    It's paying off over time. As I mentioned previously, working smart rather than hustling. How to organise your day to be productive. What route to pursue if building a client base. Also, to have seen someone struggling like him in the beginning can give comfort to people to actually see that it pays off to be persistent.

    There is no quick tactic or technique in this interview that will change stuff over-night for you. Which is why I also like it.

    Please specify what you think could have been better

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to NiclasJ For This Useful Post:


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mics on Graham Nash's Songs for Beginners
    By HeyHeyMyMy in forum Microphones
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 21:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •