Free Acoustic Guitar Soundfont

Jonky-Ponky

After months of trying to find a high quality Acoustic Guitar Soundfont (sf2) I decided in the end to make my own based on the quality samples provided by Keith Smith Keith Smith.ca - Home (thank you so much Keith!)
Presets include Steel, Nylon and 12 String Guitars. I've also modified and included a couple of other freely available guitars to provide a broad choice of acoustic sounds.
The uncompressed file is 88mb while the zipped download is 46mb. Download from here:
https://sites.google.com/site/soundfonts4u/
[Edit now linked to my webpage which will be updated from time to time]
Cheers and hope you enjoy.
John

Last edited:
Nice job again John, i had missed a good steal guitar sound, my favourite are the "expressive" and the "finger pick".
Here is my little contribution with some nylon guitar samples that i have collected from the soundfont
free market.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Xrr5MhTPAaQVdONkdNQkJGVHM/view?usp=sharing (22.4 mo uncompressed)
You are welcome to edit them if you feel for it and think there is a possible improvement to make with these samples.
Cheers, Eric

Thanks Eric,
I have now included 2 of them in the newest version 2.1 (just updated the above link). I really liked the Tyros Nylon and Nylon 2 so I've modified them a little to include versions with a bit more playing expression. The Tyros turned out particularly nice.
Thanks again.
John

Very nice John!
I like your tyros preset but even more the softer "nylon 2 expressive" which fits more the brazilian music i use nylon guitar for.
Looking forward to your next project!
(soprano sax would be great, the ones i have are ok but too "airy/breathy", without body/punch/attack)
Whatever instrument it is i will see again if a corresponding sf2 sample i have is worth being proposed to you to be possibly included among your presets.
Cheers,
Eric

So, do you guys know each other and in cahoots to spamming this stuff? Seems only you two are interested...

Please tell me I am wrong in the assumption. :)

Sweden and Australia are quite a distance, but proxy servers can hide that. As you both(?) know...

5 minutes til this explodes... :) Actually, I'll wait for a response.

Last edited:
Jimmy,
I know nothing about proxy servers and nothing about Eric except he is the only one so far with the courtesy of replying.
John

So, do you guys know each other and in cahoots to spamming this stuff? Seems only you two are interested...
Nice Jimmy...... I really wonder, are you moderators moderating each other if it happens that one of you comes with something, how can i put in a mild fashion, "not very clever" ?
Cheers from Paris/France

John, i'll be on Kvr and Gearslutz forums with the same user pseudo, talk to you there hopefully, eventualy for your same nice project, in a healthier "atmosphere".

Last edited:
See you at Gearslutz it looks a bit friendlier. I would have thought "Hi and welcome to the forum" would have been a better introduction.
John

Nice Jimmy...... I really wonder, are you moderators moderating each other if it happens that one of you comes with something, how can i put in a mild fashion, "not very clever" ?
Cheers from Paris/France

John, i'll be on Kvr and Gearslutz forums with the same user pseudo, talk to you there hopefully, eventualy for your same nice project, in a healthier "atmosphere".

I will be clear here why I posted what I did.

Both of you new members subscribed to this forum the same month/year and have only spoken to each other since. No replies to other members topics.

That sends a flag to me that it is a simple planned spam topic. Would you not see that?

See you at Gearslutz it looks a bit friendlier. I would have thought "Hi and welcome to the forum" would have been a better introduction.
John

I would have given that welcome if you started out with introducing yourself and not just promoting.

All is forgiven. I have only been a member for a few days and just haven't had the need or knowledge to reply to other threads.
Cheers,
John

He/They did put up a nice piano sf2 that I've downloaded. It IS quite nice. I really don't need the acoustic bit though, so I wasn't really interested. sf2 tech is pretty old, but if done well, can be a real bonus for things like the shofars I needed a while back.

I get your point, Mr. James, and I'm sure that after a while here they'll realize that what you do is for our (and ultimately, their) protection, but they're not selling anything. It's all free. No blood, no foul, I says :)

I hope to make it clear that my only goal is to keep the site clean and accessible to members who wish to contribute to the group as a whole.

If I see something that looks 'fishy' I will say something. Not trying to be a dick in any way. :)

'Mr. James'? What is that about? lol!

Sorry, that's a southern thing I think I'm picking up. Everyone calls me, "Mr. Ken", so it just sort of slipped out my fingers there...:laughings:

I hope to make it clear that my only goal is to keep the site clean and accessible to members who wish to contribute to the group as a whole.

If I see something that looks 'fishy' I will say something. Not trying to be a dick in any way. :)

'Mr. James'? What is that about? lol!

Our Mods are the best! They just have to be a tad bit proactive at times because we can get out of hand. ;) I'll just take this opportunity to say thanks to them because I have come to the shameful realization that I never have. So thanks! :D

Back