Focusrite Acquires Adam Audio

That could be either real good or real bad....time will tell...but often when you get a conglomeration of individual businesses, it all ends up in the hands of the accountants, and then they control decision making.

theres the designs thats done-complete by engineering inventors.... so why did focusrite buy, who approached who?

cbs bought fender comes to mind.
Focusrite might be better than the cbs fender story....who knows?

Attachments

• focusrite brands.png
    focusrite brands.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 50
Neve started the company but DIldrige runs it. ISA was a winner but how much of the company cash is that income?
I find the business side interesting these days. To some extent.... mergers happen like you said, probably someone retiring or an offer that was just a great deal.

Adam is a well spoken of brand name, and Focusrite has somehow maintained a great name too even while selling entry level stuff.

I recall TEAC name brand spoiling when the massive cheap plastic Tascam took over...it got confusing when a brand name is HIgh End but you see the brand on some cheap crap piece.

Maybe Focusrite will buy a microphone company next.... Peluso? AKG? SHURE?

Some years ago Avid took over/bought M-Audio the result was a cluster***k.

I had a couple of M-Audio products at the time (still have a 2496) and Avid split downloads up and were generally most unhelpful. They are somewhat better now.

It is interesting to note that 6 or 7 years ago M-Audio were a big name in the Home Recording scene? Their PCI cards were very well thought of and their Firewire and later USB interfaces rarely out of the press and got decent reviews.

After the take over it seems the punters got pissed off with them because their products now are far less visible?

Take heed Focusrite!

Dave.

one can wonder how it works out in the end?
the JoeMeek thing of the 1990s.....the Behringer buyouts...

Behringer's Music Group acquires Midas and Klark Teknik Midas and Klark Teknik, business lines within Bosch Communications Systems, announced that the Music Group has been selected as their new long-term investment partner etc...etc...

I suppose if someone has a better distribution or access to something, it could be about money or is it growth?
I don't know was Adam failing? I recall a lot of mud about JoeMeek but the one side was it was going under as a business, but then the original stuff was turned to plastic in China and was never the same product and lost the "color".

Did Behringer benefit MIDAS? or vice versus?

Samsung bought Harman who bought AKG...

Focusrite and Adam active speakers seems high quality, good match, equal in a way..imo

maybe in the end Uli will own it all and he'll accidentally sue himself for owning the original product and his own stolen copy-cat version.

ADD> Focusrite - timeline biz
Phil Dudderidge of Focusrite

ADD> just stumbled on this looking up ALTO PROFESSIONAL.....the President is from Guitar Center and ALTO is owned by InMusic...who owns....

InMusic (inMusic) is a family of 16 premier brands that includes AIR Music Technology, Akai Professional, Alesis, Alto Professional, Denon DJ, Denon Professional, HeadRush, ION Audio, M-Audio, Marantz Professional, Marq Lighting, MixMeister, Numark, Rane, Sonivox and Sound Switch. Committed to pushing the boundaries and challenging the status quo, each of inMusic’s brands is a leader in its field, providing cutting-edge products that incorporate and build upon the latest in engineering, design, and technology.

Last edited:
Back