Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Firefox any users?

northampton uk home of Dr Who and Blackstar Amps!
    Thanks

Firefox any users?

Sign in to disable this ad
    I was told some weeks ago that I had to change from Int Explorer to another browser and Firefox was one option.

It is ok...ish but will keep locking me out of some sites I have used for years without trouble. One such is Duncanamps a valve data site. I get...

"Cannot connect, site not secure" or some such shit (can do a screen grab if anyone wants) I go back to IE and yes, that tells me the site is dodgy but at least gives me the option of ignoring the warning.

Can anyone help this 1.2 eyed, meds ridden old fool?

Dave.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alterman View Post
    I use it since XP and nowadays also on my smartphone. Great browser. I love it ever since.

What your encountering is a security feature. The site simply isn't secure for some kind off reason. Mostly because it's certificate is overdated.

If your totally sure that the site you are visiting is a trustable one, you could click on the option allowing visiting it at this moment.
    If it's some strange far site which you don't know i advice you to never do that. This warning is not there for nothing. Trust more on firefox than a website.

I also suggest to use a good scriptblocker add-on. Makes firefox even more secure.
    Where is the "allow option"? IE give it (not recommended) but not FF that I can see? Whilst I have your ear?? How do I set my Home Page to what I want please? IE was <Options then "set current"> simples!

Dave.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 906 Posts
    Are you on XP, Dave?
    ---------- Steenaudio Website ----------

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steenamaroo View Post
    Are you on XP, Dave?
    I wish! No, have been exclusively W7 for years now. Took me quite a while to get to grips with seven and there are still things I find annoying* but generally it is a really stable OS.

I bought my son a W10 (pro) laptop because 2020 is not that far off and I did not want him to have the cost and hassle of converting. Plus I am guessing he will see more and more W10 systems as time goes by?

*Like: if you paste a file on the desktop it does not go where you want it to..then some days it does! W7 relentlessly stores files a-z and I would find it easier to have "last in at the bottom". "You have files waiting to be burned to CD" Ok, WTF are they!??

Dave.

Thanks
    IE is the number one browser for downloading other browsers.

I stopped using Firefox when it updated about 6 months ago. It would hang up the entire computer. I use Chrome now, with no problems.
    Jay Walsh
    Farview Recording. I am also the forum spokesmodel for Terasyne Amplification

Thanks
    Interesting. Figured you were on XP because you'll be hard pushed to find a browser for XP, these days, which doesn't give constant security warnings/errors.

Is this issue happening with most sites and common use sites like google etc, or just the occasional?
    I don't get an issue with DuncanAmps on my current computer but I have a win7 box upstairs with FF and IE on it. I'll give it a whirl later.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steenamaroo View Post
    Interesting. Figured you were on XP because you'll be hard pushed to find a browser for XP, these days, which doesn't give constant security warnings/errors.

Is this issue happening with most sites and common use sites like google etc, or just the occasional?
    I don't get an issue with DuncanAmps on my current computer but I have a win7 box upstairs with FF and IE on it. I'll give it a whirl later.
    No, I don't get many warnings and the few I do get are "strangers" and I just don't bother with them but Duncsamps I have used in IE for years and never a blip.

I might give Chrome a do soon. I only ever use Google to search so that makes sense. I did try Chrome a couple of years ago and IIRC there was YTube stuff it would not play?

Dave.

Thanks
    Chrome works with YouTube just fine. There is a good possibility it didn't work on several occasions because the video could have been pulled or it was not allwed in certain countries. I've seen that happen.

I switched to Chrome a few years ago when IE wouldn't load this site properly. There were many customized changes I had to make to get Chrome to behave more like IE, AND, I had to conform a little myself, but once done, it has worked good ever since.

Firefox?? Not impressed.

Hey briefly speaking of amps, Dave, have you ever heard of Hayden Amps?? The two guitar players in my band play through them and they sound great.

Thanks
    Google (or perhaps Alphabet) owns YouTube, so they've probably got the play issues worked out there.

I only use Firefox/Ice-Weasel on Unix. I used to use it a lot on Windows but when I found Safari initially annoying I switched to Chrome and so have been assimilated. (I do use Safari for a specific set of user account/domain stuff, but only because toggling accounts in Chrome is not convenient - now, if they supported dual accounts, somehow...)
    "... I know in the mornin' that it's gonna be good
    when I stick out my elbows and they don't bump wood." - Bill Kirchen

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ecc83 View Post
    No, I don't get many warnings and the few I do get are "strangers" and I just don't bother with them but Duncsamps I have used in IE for years and never a blip.

More likely the issue is with the particular sites then, I think.
    Not sure there's much you can do about it at your end.

I know what you mean, though. Some browsers have a fairly convenient 'continue anyway' option, and some bury it a little deeper.

I think you'd be getting the same deal on HR, had Nico not made some changes a while back. See here.

Quote Originally Posted by ecc83 View Post
    I might give Chrome a do soon. I only ever use Google to search so that makes sense. I did try Chrome a couple of years ago and IIRC there was YTube stuff it would not play?
    There's usually some sort of teething process with any browser switch.
    Hopefully someone here can help you through if you run into anything like that again.

Thread Information