Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dual Rectifier modelers shoot out. need help!

Thanks

Dual Rectifier modelers shoot out. need help!

Sign in to disable this ad
    hope this is the right forum to post this in. still a little new here so bare with me iīm in the process of making a bigger amp modeling comparison demo on the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier. so far i have 6 modelers for it - mostly software, though. i would like to get my hands on the Axe-FX model, the Helix model and the real tube amp. if anybody has any of these three and is capable of reamping, feel free to contact me and iīll send you the DIīs and some info and specifics. itīs just two 20 seconds rhythm tracks to reamp. the style leans towards djent / modern metal. youīll appear in the credits. thanks.

www.youtube.com/c/ForTiorIJohnny

Thanks
    Yeah I can reamp a real DR for you. If possible use Vintage 30 cabinets in your comparison on the software end.

I also might have software you don't, but IDK what you are looking for.

There is a small possibility I can help you out on the axe fx end as well.
    My home studio ---> www.nerolstudio.com

Thanks
    awesome. forgot to mention, i wouldnīt need a reamp with full cab/mic configuartion. i would provide an impulse response that i use on all the samples so the focus can really be on the amp sound. itīs a really good IR, so donīt worry if you also have a tube screamer available thatīd be awesome. if not i guess the TSE 808 on the DIīs should suffice, or if you have a better emulation of it. i used the screamer model on all samples as well and itīs kind of important to the general tone in this demo. if thatīs possible for you and youīre still interested, hereīs my e-mail for better communication:

just drop me an empty mail with "dual rec shoot out" as topic or something so i know. then iīll give you all the details and tracks to help you out.
    Last edited by Steenamaroo; 03-22-2016 at 10:18.

www.youtube.com/c/ForTiorIJohnny

Thanks
    Sent you an email
    My home studio ---> www.nerolstudio.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny shnizz View Post
    awesome. forgot to mention, i wouldnīt need a reamp with full cab/mic configuartion. i would provide an impulse response that i use on all the samples so the focus can really be on the amp sound. itīs a really good IR, so donīt worry if you also have a tube screamer available thatīd be awesome. if not i guess the TSE 808 on the DIīs should suffice, or if you have a better emulation of it. i used the screamer model on all samples as well and itīs kind of important to the general tone in this demo. if thatīs possible for you and youīre still interested, hereīs my e-mail for better communication:

just drop me an empty mail with "dual rec shoot out" as topic or something so i know. then iīll give you all the details and tracks to help you out.
    I removed your email address so you don't get picked up by crawlers and get buried in spam. Hope you don't mind.
    ---------- Steenaudio Website ----------

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Steenamaroo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny shnizz View Post
    ...itīs kind of important to the general tone in this demo.
    Then it should be included in "the DIs" so that it's exactly the same every time. You said you want to focus on the amp sims themselves, and relying on somebody else to dial in the exact same settings on possibly some other device is not the way to get there.

Thanks
    is this for your own benefit, a website, or some other place where you might share the files/results? I use Lecto Lepou (Dual Recto -free) through Recab's Oversize (MB 4x12 - $39.99, i think). I'd be curious to see if there's another company/vst that I could use.
    "No healthy person waits in line with a slew of geriatrics on a Sunday morning for pancakes" - RFR https://soundcloud.com/andrushkiwt

Thanks
    Why are you using a Tube Screamer if this is an "amp shootout"? Let the amps, or amp sims, be what they are.

If this is for general informational purposes, then overdriving the front end makes each tone a liar.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_L View Post
    Why are you using a Tube Screamer if this is an "amp shootout"? Let the amps, or amp sims, be what they are.

If this is for general informational purposes, then overdriving the front end makes each tone a liar.
    This is pretty much the default tone for most of the kids who call themselves metal nowadays. TS into a Mesa or 5150, done. It makes sense in this context because it's the way the intended audience would actually use the things.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ashcat_lt View Post
    This is pretty much the default tone for most of the kids who call themselves metal nowadays. TS into a Mesa or 5150, done. It makes sense in this context because it's the way the intended audience would actually use the things.
    Got it. My apologies. I missed the part that said "djent/modern metal". My brain selectively skips over words like that.

Thread Information