Copyright & your money...where is it?

miroslav

Cosmic Cowboy
The videos are a few years old, but cover in detail some copyright topics and more importantly, how your music generates money (or why you many not be seeing any money from streaming services).

The presenter curses a few times...so maybe NSFW...but overall good info...in great detail.

I only watched the short video, but I saw that he did a couple of longer presentations (Part 1 & Part 2), which I will watch at a later time...so I included all three.
He also is there to talk about his service...which helps people get paid...but still, it's not just a sales pitch, he provides info that I'm sure many musicians are completely unaware of.

Cool. I love these topics. Thanks for sharing.

Now, don't have other things you should be doing??? :mad:
:D

I'm watching right now.

Am I not getting paid what I should be? These videos are from 2015, are they still relevant? I think i have around 400 streams. Is CD Baby getting every penny for me?

Makes me wonder.

These videos are from 2015, are they still relevant?

I think they are...I don't believe that the streaming services or the major players have done anything yet to change things. Like he said at one point...they're not concerned that you and I get paid.

The thing that happens with so many music suppliers to the streaming services is that the huge majority of them have earnings so small they're insignificant individually - so my $7 is just sitting there. if they have a million people like me, they have 7 million in the bank account and even with tiny interest payments, they're generating large sums - AND - we pay them up front. It's a lottery system. We pay to sell music, with no expectation of the music being picked up (well at least with mine) - but the feint hope .......

I had over 14000 streams on Spotify last year, I got money through CDBaby, but was it everything I was owed? Who knows?

Back