Beware this app!

ecc83

SantivirusService aka SEGURAZO. I some how installed it yesterday on my Lenovo T510 W10 laptop. Not sure how (will Google in a bit)

It was consuming 67% of the i7 CPU and is a bugger to get rid of.

Dave.

Looks like its a pretty severe trojan, from what I see. Sorry to hear that it sneaked in on you.
In my book, virus and trojan writers are the scum of the earth. They should have their fingers broken to the point that they can't bear to touch a keyboard anymore!

Hope you track down everything and get it cleaned up.

Looks like its a pretty severe trojan, from what I see. Sorry to hear that it sneaked in on you.
In my book, virus and trojan writers are the scum of the earth. They should have their fingers broken to the point that they can't bear to touch a keyboard anymore!

Hope you track down everything and get it cleaned up.

I am pretty sure I have. Revo Unistaller won't work because the app needs you to restart the PC. I uninstalled it from Windows proggs then ran Ccleaner...VERY larhe amount of shit in the registry!

My total CPU hit is now about 20%. N.B. Even Ccleaner is now a bit crap. It defaults to "Smart PC Cleaner" i.e. always running. Not on MY watch it don't!

Dave.

I had a friend bring me his wife's computer one day many years ago. It was running 100% CPU and wouldn't even respond to the keyboard. Plus the desktop was completely filled with **** site icons. I think there were about 2 or 3000 on there and every time I tried to kill them off, it would install new ones. I finally tracked the beast down, and got it cleaned up. Turned out that his wife is in a quilting group and someone posted an infected file to the group as a pattern!

Can you imagine a bunch of old church-going quilters with thousands of **** sites on their desktop? I never heard what the other ladies did with their computers. (Hey Grandma, what are all these pictures for?)

Dave,
I did battle with a nasty rootkit on my daughters laptop, a while back. I researched and found RKill from BleepingComputer. Look at it ... It may be an option.
Dale

Back